TCP error

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by RNelson, Dec 16, 2014.

1. RNelson

RNelson Registered

I have installed the Lite version over my existing install because the updater wouldn't start. I get a TCP error and cannot login.

I then installed the Lite version to a different drive as a standalone and I get the same error.

I can log in to the ecommerce site because I tried to purchase and it said I already had a license.

Not sure what to try at this point.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. matf1

matf1 Registered

It may be DNS. If you are comfortable doing so, temporarily set your DNS to googles public one.

If that doesn't work, can you provide more info about the error please?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

3. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Thanks for taking an interest in this for me.

I am now at work so I can't test but I don't believe it is an internet problem since I can get to ISI's ecommerce site just fine and it recognizes I have an existing license. All other Internet activity is working as well.

I was running B880 and tried to update and it wouldn't advance. So I downloaded and installed the B906 over that build (maybe not a wise idea) and when I start I can get into off line but I cannot use Multiplayer and cannot sign in to my account. When I do try and login I get an 'Unexpected error" message. When I select the multiplayer button I see in the window "TCP Error".

I then created a standalone install using the Lite on a separate drive and I get the same errors.

4. matf1

matf1 Registered

That's fine, someone may have something else for you as I don't really want to walk you through resetting the tcp stack just yet.

Its worth trying the DNS change as websites are mostly hosted in separate data centres or at least ips. There were a couple of Aussie guys having issues in this regard a short time ago. Not the same error though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

5. RNelson

RNelson Registered

Ended up I just uninstalled and reinstalled and order was restored - of course now I have to restore a bunch of stuff but that is simple enough. Thanks again for the input.