.tbc File Issue

Discussion in 'Third Party Content' started by F1Aussie, May 10, 2014.

1. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi All

I am an offline gamer who in rfactor 1 used to tweak the rear drylatlong and wetlatlong files in rfactor to get more rear grip and stability without fiddling with car setups a huge amount. I have just tried the same in rfactor 2 by use the mas file utility to open all six .tbc files and tweak the settings as above. I then saved them and inserted them back into the mas file. All good so far, when i go to run rfactor 2 the cars whose files i tweaked do not show up in the menu to choose from. I double checked the files i changed the numbers on and there were no errors.

Any idea what may have happened?

I am not a genius at all of this but had no issues tweaking files in rfactor to get the required effect i was after.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

F1A

2. Quartza

Quartza Registered

rF2 does this to protect the installed content from modding. Online the car would not be fair. You want to create a new install package for the car. Use MAS2 to make package from new mas files.

3. lemming77

lemming77 Registered

The TBC files only affect AI performance now, the tires humans drive on are configured by the TGM files.

4. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Registered

Hi Guys, thanks for the responses, i will have a play and see if i can do as you suggested without breaking anything.

Cheers

F1A