Talent File .RCD

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by jefcam, Aug 21, 2015.

1. jefcam

jefcam Registered

First of all I would like to say that things in rFactor2 have complicated themselves compared to rFactor1, and not enough official ISI tutorials are available.

I have a mod and for me it seems it does not have a talent file. So I created one. In mod manager there is no * (astericks) like the other talent files. And also when I leave the mouse over it does not say " in use with etc etc like the one shown in image.

Does that mean that talent file is not linked to actual car mod?

View attachment 17653

2. stonec

stonec Registered

ISI now includes .RCD file in Vehicle mod for all newer content. The way it was done before was to build a talent mod, a vehicle mod, a sound mod, and link them together with multi component (Multi Cmp) mod. Without Multi Cmp the game does not know which talent mod to associate with vehicle. But the short answer is to include the .RCD to the Vehicle directly.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

No, things are not more complicated as long as you understood those things.
    .RCD is now - as stonec said - a part of vehicle main.mas in form of a singel file, since more than a year now.
    You are a member of this forum since Feb 2011. How about reading in this forum if you wish to alter things??

I agree that infos are spread in this forum and are not available "on demand" and that documentation by ISI is......thin or not existent.
    But please try to use the search-function to get your infos as there are several threads in here that are exactly about this detail of modding.

In short:
    - RCD has to be named exactly as vehicle-class in .VEh-file.
    - first line in .RCD has to repeat exactly the vehicle-class in .VEH-file.

Hope this helps for now.

4. jefcam

jefcam Registered

Thanks for your information. I've feel a bit lost. In rFactor 1 we had loose files and you could edit what you want, now its a bit more complicated.

I've searched in this F1992 mod and found the .RCD in CAR.MAS. So I was mistaken to say that there was no RCD file. Now if not mistaken I cannot extract this file, edit it and throw it back again as it does not work that way.

I think I have to create another vehicle component package to update the CAR.MAS to a new version. In CAR.MAS have the updated/edited version (LIKE IMAGE BELOW)

Is this the way to do it?

View attachment 17655