Taking screenshot corrupts texture memory or something and HDR not realistic

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by jtbo, Dec 1, 2012.

1. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Happens with HDR on and HDR off, screenshots attached.

Screenshot 03 is HDR OFF, no screenshot taken with F12 key.

Screenshot 04 is same, but F12 was pressed to take screenshot 03 so such mess did appear, after pressing F12 to take screenshot 04 no more mess did appear.

With HDR ON same did happen.

When took screenshot with HDR on, exited to garage menu, chose hdr profile to none and entered track again without loading track again, I got 11fps and mess was still there.

Also with HDR profile realistic clear, everything was very radioactive and could not see anything from instruments as bloom was so horribly overdone that instead of numbers I saw white splotches as you can see in screenshot 00

HDR also seems to make textures look very bright, like too much gamma would be there.

Not sure if HDR is just my preference or bug or what, but I turned it off and it stays off for now.

2. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

NEVER seen that outside of a GFX card issue... Will report (I don't write gfx engine). :)

3. UnitedRacingDesign

UnitedRacingDesign Registered

Ive got same problem today actually but it was my fault as I copyed 118 shaders mas over 125. Maybe some update error?

4. Joe Campana

Joe Campana Registered

Yeah, don't do that. Very bad idea.

5. jtbo

jtbo Registered

I can get similar issue if I set details too high and run out of gpu ram, however as green bar shows that is not an issue now, new thing with 125 build.

When I hit R for replay, then took screenshot from tv cam view, I did not get this effect, I haven't changed graphics settings after that I believe, but I need to check if I still get this effect on private practice and incar.

Also it can have something to do with having HDR on, then turning it off and loading track without restarting sim, which I still need to test among few other things as I did not test it after restarting sim or can't remember that I did, so sometime tomorrow I put update here. Sorry, I use thread as memo pad now :p

6. jtbo

jtbo Registered

Okay, I did some more testing.

If I have HDR off when I start the sim and then take screenshots, there are no issues.

If I have HDR on and I take screenshots, there are issues.

If I turn HDR off, without restarting sim, there are issues.

So it is HDR related, also noticed that HDR on will multply track loading time.

Green bar shows that there are enough free gfx card memory, as can been seen from screenshots.

But, I did start MSI Afterburner and it shows nearly 510MB ram usage, my card has only 512MB ram.

Green bar is wrong then and that error probably did happen because so close at limit and taking screenshot put memory usage over the limit, I know from past experience that that error in graphics does happen when I take screenshot.

So bug is in green memory bar?

My Config.ini lies VideoRAM=978

Maybe that has something to do with it?

7. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

You know, if you haven't already, I think you should apply to be an internal tester... Just shoot somewhere an email and whoever answers that box will get you started.

Good feedback, and your vid card could do with some representation.