Tail light problem

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Simonk, Mar 25, 2023.

1. Simonk

Simonk Registered

Hey guys. I’m converting an RF1 car and am having problems with the tail lights not being visible from most angles. Even if I move the blglo out on the y axis so they’re in front of the light housing they’re still only visible from some angles. Does anyone know the solution to this?

2. redapg

redapg Registered

That can be caused by an old Shader.
    Try it with the High Luminance Sun Shader, if that works.
    You also maybe will have to adapt the Textures.

3. Simonk

Simonk Registered

yeah I tried a few different shaders. I usually use Lights with glare effect but I tried a few different ones with no success. I’ve just disabled the tail light housings in the gen file and the blglo now works correctly so maybe something to do with the light fitting but buggered if I can figure it out

4. Simonk

Simonk Registered

3 hours later I figured it out! One of the materials on the light was Src Alpha/Inv Src Alpha. Changed this to one/zero and it worked. I swear this was one of the first things I tried so maybe I changed something else and this worked in combination with whatever else I changed. Modding can be tedious sometimes.

Bjørn and redapg like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

Yes and such things happen easily, if you use 2 Alpha Transparency Materials behind of each other and don't give them proper Alpha Sort Values, for Example.

Simonk likes this.