T500 RS Question to all handymen/women

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by MikeeCZ, May 3, 2015.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hey Guys, ive discovered an issue with my T500RS, and since ive already been thru warranty claims and in touch with the Thrustmaster, i am kinda tired of keep getting send something along with an email with instructions of how to solder it in.

So i would like to ask you guys. My issue is that after some time of driving, all of the buttons On the wheel RIM , not the paddles and the couple buttons on the wheels base, go suddenly deaf, stop working, and i have to... well.. hit the wheel hard in order to get them working again, i think they stop working after some bigger FFB impulse so its probably mechanical, but its definetly the buttons that are connected via the .. connector inside of the rim release mechanism, there is most likely some mechanical contact problem somewhere inside of the wheelbase.

Is there somebody whos really familiar with the guts of T500 who would know where to look at and where to be careful not to mess up something?

The wheels base has already been opened before so i know how to open it, since i had to solder a replacement PCB in as that was the Thrustmaster guess about whats wrong, but they said that if it doesnt help, ill have to send the whole wheel to them and i really dont fancy that because it didnt help.

This issue becomes a lot more major when using my F1 rim addon, since it also has paddle shifters on the wheel that are connected via the ... connector in the rim release.

Thanks for all the help

2. Natureboy

Natureboy Registered

Sounds like you just have a poor connection at the wheel rim. Probably need to replace the serial connector in the wheel base.

3. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

ye those r tight and the issue was on the orginal PCB too, thx for replies

4. speed1

speed1 Banned

If it is the case with all wheels, it can't be the steering wheel, and if the connector between the steering wheel and the base is ok, it only can be a break in the wires, pcb contact issue or even a defect. What you can do is to test the wires with a multimeter when the base is powerless. Use the diod test and see if there is a break on any of those wires connected to the pcb, and have a look on the pcb and the contact of the wires as well if there is a loose.

5. speed1

speed1 Banned

Did i understood you wrong and you already had fixed it or how is the status ?

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Sorry didnt notice your reply, checking the cable is a good idea, will do that

7. speed1

speed1 Banned

Oh nice another fault of me, and sorry again. :rolleyes:

Yes, you could have a cable break anywhere, as example at the coiled cord, the twist with the radial movement, or just a loose contact on the pcb, because i had something similar, where one of the pedal wires had a cold solder joint.

Last edited by a moderator: May 10, 2015
  8. Saabjock

Saabjock Registered

Glad you got it fixed...
    Something just occurred to me; We don't currently have a post dedicated specifically to issue resolution in the forums.
    It would be a great thing.
    To OP...would you like to start one detailing how you fixed the issue (using any pictures) and a good description?
    That would be cool and very useful.