T500 RS F1 addon troubles

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by MikeeCZ, Oct 29, 2014.

1. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Hi, just recieved the F1 addon and i am having some issues with it, i was hoping if anybody would know anything

After installing all the firmware updates and software updates, the wheel struglles to get recognized by the software and it still thinks its the GT rim, after several tries it gets recognized so i go in rF2 and play, all wokrs fine, all buttons work all is blast, in the middle of my driving, in middle of lap, suddenly all of the F1 rims buttons stop working and so i quit the game and check the control panel, even in there it doesnt take any of my button inputs and the button number 25 is highlighted as if i held it pushed, when trying to restart the wheel by unpluging and pluging it again it gets recognized as the GT rim again, please help?

EDIT: It seems that all i had to do to solve is not to use my front USB but the rear one, never thought it would trully make the difference as they say, but it does :)

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2014
  2. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

So its not solved, only it happens less often, have anybody heard of such issue ever?

3. Brack Jabham

Brack Jabham Registered

I seem to recall having the same problem when I bought my 458 rim for my F1 wheel and base. I suggest uninstalling the Thrustmaster driver completely and retry. Also make sure you have the latest driver. IIRC that solved my problem

4. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Thanks for reply

I did that couple times im afraid, i contacted Thrustmaster support

5. Eddy

Eddy Registered

I had this with my thrustmaster shifter. Turned out to be broken and got a new one after one week. Now works flawless.

6. MikeeCZ

MikeeCZ Registered

Ok so after more exporation of the issue it seems not to be the F1 addon, as it sometimes happenes on the GT rim too, but there its not such an issue since the shifting paddles are not part of it, that is the biggest problem, as it seems to kick back on after couple seconds/minute or two again

Is there some way how to have the shift up and down function assigned to two buttons each at the same time?