T300 feedback

Discussion in 'Hardware Building/Buying/Usage Advice' started by MarcG, Jun 10, 2015.

1. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Hi Chaps, when I return home I shall be upgrading my wheel (G25) to a Belt driven one. Having read and watched various reviews on the T300 it seems the ideal piece of kit for me. I can't (or should read won't) buy a more expensive wheel as I can't justify the time spent racing to £££ purchase, hence the T300 pretty much fits the bill already but I'll like to hear your thoughts.

So before I get back can I please have some opinions on the wheel, what's it like to use? are the Buttons decent (i.e. not flimsy)? What's the Gear Shifter like?
    I'd especially like to hear from anyone who moved on from a G25/27, also with regards to the Gear Shifter...I like my G25 one so if I can use that as alongside the T300?

Oh and I've already read the pedals are a bit rubbish but I'd already planned on getting a decent set of these anyway (that's a thread for another time!).

Thanks

2. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

You're in luck, I recently upgraded from a G27 to a T300RS.

I'm not regretting it: With the G27 I wasn't able to, for example, get the F1-car in rf2 under control, always losing the backside, now I can go to the limit without spinning, even on a green track or with very used up tyres. This also got better with nearly every other car, it's just lovely! Also the wheel is much stronger, gives you a more realistic feeling and at some point I even had to stop the car during a race, because I flatspotted my tyres SO hard, that the rumbling wasn't bearable anymore(I'm not exaggerating!). Also the Thrustmaster-profiling software is much better than the G27 one. I can even feel when I'm slipping over my front tyres very well, wasn't able to do that with the G27, I always overcooked my tyres.

Buttons: Very good! Decided to take the PS-Version and not the Ferrari-Version, because it lookes better - and I guess it is. High quality buttons, high quality 4-way-think, also the shifters are very nice.

I cant' really tell you much about the pedals, I've never tried them, bought a set of Clubsport V2, just before they increased the european price from 260 to 370(just sick!), you might want to take a look at the T3PA-Pro-Pedals from Thrustmaster, they should be way better than the G25-pedals.

Formula-Wheel-Addon: It's a little bit cheap, the buttons are not that accurate, but there are a lot of them, still like it, still use it, but they should've made it better and more pricey

Shifter: Oh, I love that one! Compares to that, the G27-Shifter is a cheap toy. Both modes work very fine, this now really feels like a shifter! My G27-Shifter got very very flimsy over time, this one is stable as hell!(Is hell stable? I dont know)

And now a comparison for all the games I know in regard to how much the difference of the G27 and T300 is:
    - rfactor 2: VERY big, like night and day, did just lose the car too many times before, now I can push it to the limit, when I watch it in replay, it looks like reality!
    - Assetto Corsa: Suprisingly small, there is a difference, but I don't think it's mentionable and I don't think it makes you faster.
    - Game Stock Car: Big difference, not as big as rf2, but also here: when I loose a car, I can easily get it back under control, can push much more to the limit, it's worth the upgrade!
    - race07: Oh I don't know what they did there, but it's a completely different style of driving, I never used that before, but now it's kind of fun again, I can't tell you why.
    - Project Cars;: Dont know that one with the G27, but it's very very fun with the T300, perfect feedback I would say, I prefer it to Assetto Corsa(but it of course doesn't come close to rf2 in regards to realism), also my friends like that one very much.(I must be one of the lucky ones where PCars works without any big problems)

Finally, I have one thing to say, and I'm doing it in bold letters, just because I can:

Upgrade your pedals before you upgrade your wheel!
    Yes, there's an important difference between the wheels, but it's not as important as the pedals are! The G27/25-pedals have a crappy brake compared to the clubsport one(and, as they use the same mechanics, I guess also the expensive ones from Thrustmaster), I bought them before the T300, so I used them together with the G27 and I have to tell you: It's so much more important to have a great brake than a great wheel, especially in rf2, but also all the other mentioned games, the tyre simulations are just that good today, you need to get to the edge there and the G25/27-pedals are just not doing it anymore(or you can try a breaking pedal mod for the G25, might be worth it, I don't know. Generally the quality of the Logitech-Pedals is quite good, so that might work, too).
    But I'd say: Try the Thrustmaster pedals, don't buy the Fanatec-pedals(they're great, but 360 is just insane) and get everything else that has the Thrustmaster-logo on it!

3. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

If you have any questions left, just ask me! :)

4. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Mate that's the best review I could ask for thank you very much for that :)
    Can't think of any questions (yet) as I think you've covered the main aspects.

I will be purchasing new pedals at the same time (yet to research) and I'll take your thoughts into account, thanks for that too.

5. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

To the pedals I might add:

I bought the most expensive Clubsport Pedals especially because of the Force Feedback on the brake and I must say: While it's cool and an addition I don't want to miss, it doesn't help you find the braking point, as the effects on the pedals are also on the steering wheel, so: Good for the experience, but not neccessary for the speed(But as far as I know there are also some other advantages over the second most expensive ones from Fanatec, so it was definitely worth it at that point.

Oh, one question: Do you have a rig or are you just using a normal seat?(I can also give you some advice in finding a rig and/or seat)

This i might also add: I bought the pedals when I didn't have a rig and the problem was: The brake is so good, that, when I pressed it with full power, the whole "thing"(the pedals) moved into the air, because it was just too much force for them, now with my new alu rig that's not a problem anymore.

6. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I have a wooden home made rig now, but in the future I may purchase a proper one. Mines good enough for what it is, it's just heavy wood mixed with shoddy workmanship in places :p I have ways of holding the Pedals base down, not too fussed about FFB Brakes but I'm yet to properly look into Pedals yet anyway so that will come.

I may even look into making a better aluminium rodded rig, I can get a decent seat for £30 from the local breakers (current one is a Momo from a Jaguar!) but that's way down the priority list - Wheels & Pedals first then a VR Headset when they become available!

7. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

I paied 400€(which is "£280-more-than-I-should've") for a Sparco Pro 2000 Racing seat(love it, but it should be down on the priority list, yes) and built myself an alu-rig(really can recommend that!)

VR's nothing for me I guess, on the other hand that might not get more expensive than upgrading to 3 monitors and a decent graphics card, so we'll see.

8. MarcG

MarcG Registered

I'm willing to shell out the same for the Pedals as I am for the wheel to make sure I get a decent quality, I'll look into them anyway thanks :)

Yeah I'm also intrigued by the Alu-rigs out there and I like to Build things that become useful, my wooden rig has been almost perfect since I got it done some 3-4 years ago I think, the old man helped too which was nice. But again that's not for another year or whenever yet, Wheels & Pedals this year.

Need VR for Elite: Dangerous so I have no choice, it's a Must Buy :D Racing Sims come as an added bonus with it :)

9. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Well, in that case you can't go wrong with the Fanatec-pedals! (Also: You just can adjust everything with them, it's lovely, the first time I'm actually a mechanic(okay, since karting), it's childish, but also very very fun!)

I bought my whole setup this year, the last expensive thing before studying at the university, just wanted to have something nice before all the money goes into education(yay to that!). It was soo worth it(even my female friends who first laughed at this thing were not able to stop racing when they tried it out)

10. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Could you give here your driver panel settings and Controler.json values you use for rF2?
    Because I wait for my T300 too :)

11. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Until now I just use the T500 Profile(and made a few unnoticeable changes) and have everything in the driver panel up to 100%, which isn't perfect, I'm also looking for the "official" one, but nobody answered to the thread I've opened a few days ago. If I don't get an answer soon, I might start playing around with it, but to be honest that's not my strong suit, also I don't like to change things in the driver panel because I often switch between different sims and don't always want to adjust everything.

That, by the way, is frustrating, because every other sim has a T300 profile included, which works very well with GSC, AC and PCars for example.

12. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

13. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Tried the T300 Profile: It solved all the minor irritating things I had before, try that! (Still have to increase some values to get a stronger feedback with some cars like the Indycar, but that's nothing I don't remember from my G27...)

14. MaD_King

MaD_King Registered

Great, will test, thank you.

15. MarcG

MarcG Registered

16. Rik

Rik Registered

why do you use a t500 profile?

a t500 has different motor, the t300 has the same motor of TX and there is a profile for tx in rF2. Try this ;)

tx and t300 are the same only 900° vs 1080° of rotation.

17. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Because he didn't have one until he found the T300, try reading the thread ;)

Just seen the Clubsport V3 pedals, slightly put off by the price (for Europe) so wondering if it'll be cheaper to buy US and ship them over...might be worth looking into!

18. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

Yeah, the price is pretty high, especially because it's not like they included revolutionary new gagdets, I guess I, as a V2 owner, would preferably upgrade mine with new springs.

But for you it might be worth a shot of course! :)

19. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Can you share the differences? I've noticed that most of the FFB settings are identical between most, if not all, profiles the last time I checked. The only thing I see different between some of them is the preset amount of smoothing which you cam adjust yourself in-game. I'm pretty sure STS is 1.0 default for all wheels. I'm pretty sure the damper/spring stuff is the same (if those even make a difference), and possibly the STM as well, etc....

20. dersirromet

dersirromet Registered

I don't know for sure, but with the T500 profile the steering sometimes behaved like, well, the "inverse"-FFB, you know, when you put it "-100" instead of "100%" or the other way around, it seemed, well, wrong... (Its also possible that this does not occur in the original T500-profile and I made a blunder while changing a few settings when I created it).