Support for Open Beta

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blakboks, Nov 4, 2011.

1. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Tim or rest of ISI (or anyone else who may actually know),
    What kind of support will be offered to mod-makers for the Open Beta? Will there be their own section in the forums? Wiki? A direct line to ISI ;) Or just (in-progress?) documentation?

I understand the purpose of the open beta is to get feedback from mod-makers, but just curious how it will work with communication in the other direction...

Looking forward to seeing the track I've been working on the past 1-1/2 - 2 years in rF2!

If this has been covered in another thread, I apologize. Just show me the way!
    Thanks!

2. Vince Klortho

Vince Klortho Registered

To me the big question is will the tools be ready with the beta ?

3. GTFREAK

GTFREAK Registered

I'd like to know this as well.

4. Tiago Guerreiro

Tiago Guerreiro Registered

Yes this is a central question, will be available mod tools in this open beta??

5. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

About the forum organization and the wiki, i guess yes, a forum section will be available and the wiki will be online, but Tim knowns better than me and he might correct me if i am wrong. :)

The beta will be supplied with plugins for some Max versions and with the mas editing/mod creating/packaging tool, so yes, mod tools will be available.

6. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

Yes, there will be a Wiki open for you to add/adapt content in. There actually already is a forum section (currently invisible to you) and it's that forum we'll be concentrated in. There is some documentation that I've seen, but it is WIP and still needs to be transferred to the Wiki.

It's VERY important to note that the focus of the beta initially will be on the modders. I don't want to say we'll ignore everything else, but if that's how the timing is, I'm personally not expecting any of the devs to answer non-modding questions, although I'll probably try.

7. blakboks

blakboks Registered

Thank you guys for the feedback. Exactly what I wanted to know! Looking forward to the open beta!

8. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Please define what does 'modders' mean.
    I remember that some people call car package as mod but track one as track. Plugin never was called mod but addon instead.

Will be plugin programmers, sound makers, gfx artists (for example UI designers), shader programmers considered as modders?

9. cyruscloud

cyruscloud Registered

My concern is with required initial purchase to get in on the beta. While I understand this it is looking like I am going to be really tight on funds this time of the year and am likely to miss out if the beta starts anytime in next couple months. As a modder and professional content creator I had really hoped to get in on this day one. Will it be possible to enter the beta a little late, assuming the beta time last a generous amount of time?

10. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

Sure, why not.

In the worst case, ie you join the open beta and after three days the complete initial rF2 version is shipped, you can see your purchase as a pre order. :)

11. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

People which do things sent out via the packaging system I have been mentioning. Or anyone else that it's decided to be.