Sun glare on triple screens

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by 2ndLastJedi, Jun 17, 2022.

1. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Sun glare is great in rF2 but doesnt work on the side screens of triple screen set ups, as you can see as the sun passes the A pillar and goes to the left screen the glare stops so whenever the sun is coming through the door windows there is no effect. 20220617162526_1.jpg
    Arrow pointing to sun entering the left past the A pillar.
    20220617162516_1.jpg
    Yet the glare coming off a wet track works fine on the side screens??
    20220617164341_1.jpg
    20220617164248_1.jpg
    Is there a way to enable this glare from the sun directly like the wet track glare?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

@2ndLastJedi I think there are 2 separate effects there.

One is the halo around the sun, which seems to be evident on the side window/screen. The other is the washout/glare orange colour spread across the screen, which doesn't seem to be coming through the side.

I just tried the Aston Martin at Sebring, 5:30pm, and the effect seems fine on all screens. (medium post effects)

I wonder if in that first scenario, you go into freelook (U) and turn the camera so the side screen is now looking out the windscreen, is there still a difference?

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  3. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

Yeah i wish to get that washout/glare effect on all screens. If you got it to work on all screens on official tracks i wonder if its something the Modder needs to do? I will have a go at what you suggested tomorrow so i can report if need be to the Modder. Do you have Phillip Island from Andrea1968 to test?

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

I'd be more inclined to check different cars, but just taking a guess here. Certainly worth checking different content to see if you can find what might be causing it. And if you have the Aston and Sebring you could at least do a direct comparison with what I've done (if that doesn't work, we know it's something else!)

2ndLastJedi likes this.
  5. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Registered

That's just big brain thinking right there ;) I don't have the Aston but will try other official GTE cars.