Suggestion with the AI power

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by TheDog6, Oct 13, 2015.

1. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

The option to change the speed of the AI in the UI seems to me that also changes speed on the straights.

To avoid this behavior, I would suggest that the mods had an upgrade, for example, entitled: AI power, with three or four options or more:

- Chosen by the player
    - 100%
    - 95%

Thus, the one chosen by the player would use an AIperfusage setting of (-1.0, -1.0, -1.0), the 100% (1.0,1.0,1.0), etc.

So, we should not have to modify the player.json Brake_Grip AI values and the other two, and the AI power would remain, when we change mods.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2015
  2. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

I've tried it in a mod and it doesn't work. But neither seem to work the talent file, and even more, at an aiperfusage of (0.7,0.7,0.7) the qualify time is even lower than with 1.0,1.0,1.0, and the race time in the first lap is even lower than the qualify time.
    I wonder if something is right in my world. Bye.

3. peterchen

peterchen Registered

Lol, seems normal!
    If you alter perfusage (so usage of brakes and cornering-speed) from1.0 to 0.7 they should be slower! No?
    And no: Max speed doesn´t change as long as it isn´t set so in the track´s AIW-file. If so, you have an very unusal track there.

But one thing to alter AI-speed is really missed: in .hdv
    [ENGINE]
    GeneralTorqueMult=1.10
    GeneralPowerMult=1.10
    works
    GeneralAITorqueMult=1.10 or
    AIGeneralTorqueMult=1.10 or whatever combination doesn´t work!
    That´s a pitty! Or maybe I haven´t found the right syntax yet......someone knows?

4. Frenky

Frenky Registered

Depends on the following in the player.json:
    "AI Power Calibration":0,
    "AI Power Calibration#":"Adjustments with AI strength (0=none, or add the following: 1=power, 2=gearing, 4=fuel)",

5. RoboCAT10

RoboCAT10 Registered

+1 This works very well, and if you are to create a separate HdV for each driver/team you can create a pecking order.