[Suggestion] FFB frequency adjustment

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by 3lfk1ng, Nov 8, 2023.

1. 3lfk1ng

3lfk1ng Registered

I'm having an issue where the FFB was continuing to be delivered, long after I had finished turning. Only a few seconds into a straight would those forces dissipate, but as soon as I finish the next turn, the issue would resume. This causes the car to feel like it's missing a wheel and that it wants to drive straight into the barriers -it's super annoying.

Worst of all, the FFB continues to be delivered to the wheel, even when I've exited a race. Which requires me to force the wheel to turn off.

I had this same exact issue in ACC until I found a solution that resolved the issue outright:
    ACC includes the ability to change the FFB frequency.
    When I change the frequency to 100Mhz, the issues that I mentioned are completely resolved.

Unfortunately, rFactor2 doesn't have this option and so my new Logitech DD Pro isn't able to enjoy rFactor2. Please add the ability to change the FFB frequency.

I don't expect troubleshooting support as I am a Linux user, but if this option were added to settings, it would likely resolve the issue.

Thank you.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

rF2 had a "skip updates" option when it first came out that allowed reducing the frequency. That was removed quite some years ago (guessing 2015). I can't see it coming back.

Have you checked that Use Thread is set to true in your profile or controller.json?

3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

also did you run rF2 after other sims like your example ACC? Give rF2 a clean windows boot first and see if the behavior continues.

4. Comante

Comante Registered

Considering your wheel pretty new, I think reducing FFB is not a solution, but a workaround to an underlying problem:
    I think you should investigate it, try different USB ports, if you using a HUB try to not using it and so on.
    My G27 don't work connected to a USB HUB, only MB ports do the trick.

5. ThomasJohansen

ThomasJohansen Registered

Are you using linux? then it is probably the emulator messing something up.

6. Bernat

Bernat Registered

It's a known issue. I guess the Logitech drivers on Windows are throttling the rate at which updates are sent to the wheel, Linux drivers don't. On my modified Logitech driver for Linux (new-lg4ff) I'm throttling the rate of updates and it works well, but drivers not implementing the throttle have that issue.

We're probably wrong if think our wheels can really take 500 updates per second on Windows.

3lfk1ng likes this.