subscribed content not showing ingame

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Daniel Surace, Dec 9, 2017.

1. Daniel Surace

Daniel Surace Registered

Hi,

there seems to be a problem with steam workshop subscribed content not showing in game. i originally had to resubscribe to the GT3 pack several times before they would even update to the latest version.

I have now noticed that other content is doing similar things, e.g recently i could not find the Marussia MR01 in game. it was subscribed in steam workshop but simply wouldn't show in game. i had to resubscribe a few times do a back flip, stand on one leg, and eventually it appeared in the menu.

Is there a bug in the UI or something wrong with steam when this occurs. is anyone else having this problem?

EDIT; im leaning to this being a steam issue, i have verified game integrity and its needs to validate 1 file. 17.8gb.... this is the 3 time i have had to re verify the game in the last few months. how does this keep happening?

Cheers
    Daniel

Last edited: Dec 9, 2017
    SPASKIS likes this.
  2. MapleHamwich

MapleHamwich Registered

After today's update I'm now having this problem. Almost all of the stock content disappeared from in game. Tracks and cars. I tried unsubscribing and resubscribing in workshop, uninstalling and reinstalling game. Restarting PC. Restarting steam. None have worked.

This is really really bad.

3. Frito Sanchinelli

Frito Sanchinelli Registered

I first started having the problem where my newly purchased track, Sebring, wouldn not verify. I was then told by tech support to delete the workshop content/cache folder.

I did that and finally rFactor 2 launched without hanging up at 0% veryfing Sebring. I then get into the game, to not only find that the GTE pack, KartSim pack, Sebring and any purchased content DOES NOT show up in game :(

It is very frustrating to pay for these and not be able to drive them. Oh and when I was able to drive a couple of days ago, none of the GTE cars would load. Except for the BMW. the others would crash with a g2motor error "wiper animation mesh" problem. :(

I wish things were done in an easier way than the steam workshop. I can't tell whether it is steam or rF2 for the most part.

4. Thomas Hall

Thomas Hall Registered

Hi, I too am having issues with subscribed content. Some of the cars are there, some are not. Sebring is not- which is rather a shame considering its cost! Any ideas on how to fix?

5. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

In Steam settings, Download section, there is something to this effect "clear download cache".
    Worth a try.

6. Frito Sanchinelli

Frito Sanchinelli Registered

yeah I cleared the cache and now bought for/paid content is not showing up or being re-downloaded by the steam workshop subscription :(