Stuttering scenery and track

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by Markj, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Markj

Markj Registered

Can't see that this has been posted before so apologies if i've missed it, but i'm having real issues with very small but constant stuttering, which seems to affect the track and trackside buildings etc.

for example, i drive out of the pits with a steady 60fps, and the cars and wall opposite all gently stutter past. My car and even those close by when racing look fine and solid.

Is anyone else having this problem? i've tried reinstalling graphics drivers + now nvidia beta version, dropping settings all to low/off and all vesions of vsync with no luck.

it is a very small tearing/stuttering but so off putting, make my eyes hurt after a lap or 2.

any tips on what to try next etc much appreciated.

2. Pluginz1

Pluginz1 Registered

What operating system and how much ram have you got?

3. Markj

Markj Registered

Thanks for the response, I'm running Win7 64, 4gb DDR2. Tried dropping all the settings to low/off but problem still occurs so i'd thought i'd ruled out possible memory issues. actual Frame rates shown are fine, at my normal settings at Monaco i'm over 60fps constrantly.

Fyi - CPU - e8400 @3.6ghz and GPU 560ti OC version

Also did a full clean install of RF2 including deleting all folders, but problem was still the same, although FPS did seem to increase.

Any thoughts on what else i could try much appreciated.

4. GaryL

GaryL Registered

I can report very similar findings as well but with one difference, this was in a test race at Brianza 10K with a grid of about 15 i think?, the weird thing was that when i first joined the server and went on track it was running so super smooth and perfect and actually probably the nicest running piece of gaming software i have ever seen on my screen!!, but......after about a lap or lap and half kind of area it would just suddenly cease to be smooth and perfect, it was like a switch being hit and then it went to not so nice and smooth running and stuttery, it sort of remained still playable but it was annoying to see how nice it can run and then to have it cruelly taken away from me :(.
    4gb DD3 and a ATi 5770 with Intel i5 @ stock 2.80ghz, i also tried doing many different tweaks in my .PLR, in my CCC and also ingame but nothing made any difference, of course each time i joined i got my beautiful lap and a half or so of perfection smoothness.

5. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Have you tried the different Sync settings Mark? also the lastest nVidia drivers have apparently improved performance quite a bit so check them out.

6. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I have exactly same problem as OP. Latest driver made no difference at all. It can only get worse if I dont check max AA.

7. argo0

argo0 Registered

I get this exact same problem. Posted about it in 'Performance' bug forum. Hope its been seen by ISI and fixed by next build.

8. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Long shot,but have tried disabling replays?

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

10. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

ok,go into single player,along the bottom of the screen select Replay,then record Replays turn off.hope this helps.

11. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

12. Markj

Markj Registered

Just to reply to posts above, thanks for efforts to help.
    I've tried latest nvidia drivers and now also beta drivers but no change, tried all sync options, gpu setting seems most reliable soft and vid settings randomly cause freezing or ctd but still with no difference to issue.
    Replay setting off unfortunately didn't help either.
    Planning to try and make a short vid later to show problem better. It's almost like scenery is running at 15fps weird but glad I'm not only one with issue, hopefully can find a fix :D

13. privatebrian

privatebrian Registered

Ok no probs,like i said,long shot.:)

14. MarcG

MarcG Registered

could be a CPU issue, I've read something about it in the forums somewhere about that needing to sync with the GPU or something. Cant remember Mark have you OC'ed your CPU? if so try going back to stock settings for a bit and see what happens.

15. Markj

Markj Registered

Yeh it's still oc'd Marc, good find, i'll give stock settings ago later. would be strange if it's just RF2 that has a problem with the OC but def worth a try. Thanks :D

16. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

I get a different problem, the scenery is fine, smooth scrolling...the cars on the other hand stutter as I get close to them and try to pass.

17. Satangoss

Satangoss Registered

Dont feel bad, I have 8 Gb 2000 Mhz and it is stuttering like hell. Unplayable, despite having powerful hardware.

18. Knight of Redemption

Knight of Redemption Registered

Yeah, I don't really mess around trying to cure it, the next update will just mean starting all over again. Just hope it is less troublesome with perfectly good hardware, my system may not be cutting edge but it exceeds the optimum specs as posted by quite a lot. The mantra is of course...it's still in beta...it's still in beta...it's still in beta.

19. Markj

Markj Registered

Tried going back to stock settings and the problem is still the same. Not sure there is any thing else to try now, given no similar probs in any other games hopefully ISI can now look into this and fix the prob as part of beta process. I'm happy to try any further suggestions from users or ISI?
    Back to v8s on RF1 until then :D

20. MarcG

MarcG Registered

Dammit thats a shame as I thought that was gonna help :(

Have you tried fiddling with the nVidia settings and overriding the ingame stuff?
    Whats it like with Mirrors "Off"? maybe an issue with them
    Definatley got all Replays turned off right? I have trouble when even Hotlaps are recording.
    Firewall settings all correct for the game? can only imagine the stuttering could be caused by the game constantly trying to go through the firewall or something, just a random thought that one ;)
    Turning off sound completley? tried that?

uuummm....what about unplugging your wheel and running the game? what happens then...infact try this one first :p