Stutter Fix?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by taufikp, Feb 20, 2012.

1. taufikp

taufikp Registered

Have you guys tried to change PCI Latency value found in BIOS? This might be the 'fix' for stuttering problems in all games.

I read in BHMotorSport forum that stuttering in Richard Burns Rally can be fixed by changing the PCI Latency value.

However, in Guru3D Forum some users said that PCI Latency only affects AGP card. PCI-Express card should not be affected by PCI Latency timer setting.

Anyway.

The PCI Latency value in my PC BIOS is already at its lowest setting: 64 (highest is 248), and so far I haven't get bad stutter in rFactor 2. Stutter does exist, but only happens in the first lap when entering the first turn, and it only happens for a second (or maybe less because the stutter is happening so fast and short, doesn't effect driving at all). I haven't try PCI Latency with highest value tho.

2. [NAR]Steve

[NAR]Steve Registered

Same for me, stuttering only happens on first lap, and MAINLY just leaving the pits at Mills ( that's where it is the worst ) I have not done much online racing since the update, but I did experience the "slow motion" stutter online a few times in the first build.

3. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I think it might be the game loading things in - this might be what that 'precaching temporarily disabled' part of the patch notes was about.