Strange Steering Issue

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by MuddyPaws73, Jan 5, 2019.

1. MuddyPaws73

MuddyPaws73 Registered

I have the Fanatec Club Sport V2.5 Base and V3 Pedals. Since the last update, I had issues starting rFactor, which have been corrected.

Now, the V2.5 base FFB is very light with the steering wheel centered. As soon as the wheel is turned in any direction the response is extreme to that side, making it impossible to steer. Also. if standing still or moving and I let go of the wheel, it will instantly go to the full stop (extreme left or right) position. This is the only gaming that this happens.

I tried deleting the json files and redoing all the setups but it had no effect.

Does anyone have a recommendation on how to correct this issue?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

In a very similar thread (though different wheel) a year back, someone said they get this if they start SimCommander before their wheel controller. They said they have to always start the controller first.

Try deleting all the JSON files in the controller folder and or verify files though steam just to make sure they're current. You may have luck reversing the steering axis strength in your controller.JSON (10000/-10000), but this can depend on the wheel I think.

3. JimmyT

JimmyT Registered

I have had a similar thing happen on my V2 Fanatec but I now have a V2.5. The thing I found had an effect for me was to delete the fanatec drivers. Re-boot the PC and re-install the fanatec drivers.
    Do you use fanaleds? I have had issues with that in the past as well, if you do use fanaleds try the wheel without starting fanaleds.

4. MuddyPaws73

MuddyPaws73 Registered

Thanks for your replies. I just completely uninstalled, including deleting all folders, and reinstalled. Seems to be working fine know.