strange replay behavior

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by zak55, May 15, 2023.

1. zak55

zak55 Registered

Hi all just noticed this in a replay where the car model
    gets reduced to a bare 'shell' .as far as a i know i haven't
    done anything in settings to cause this.
    any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. rFactor 2(rFactor2.exe) Screenshot 2023.05.14 - 22.57.41.19.png

2. Coutie

Coutie Moderator Staff Member

Do you have auto detail fps enabled? It removes parts of cars to get your fps down to the number you chose.

3. Binny

Binny Guest

Found this on steam
    I have been using this graphics option called Auto Detail FPS which, theoretically speaking, reduced certain graphics settings (track detail, visible vehicles, etc.) on the fly to keep the game running at or above a specified target framerate (e.g. 60 FPS). Since mid-2022, however that option was removed. (The option still exists in the JSON, but does nothing.)

My question for the developers is, are you planning on an even better alternative to Auto Detail FPS (e.g. dynamic resolution scaling), or did you just decide that giving players the option of a minimum target framerate was not worth it? Considering that rFactor 2, after years of updates and new features, is now one of the most DEMANDING games on the market (the recently updated system requirements reflect this), I'm assuming the former, though I could be wrong.
    @Coutie So the question is does it work or not ?

4. zak55

zak55 Registered

thanks for your replies ... here is my file from the game and as far as i can tell that option is off noname.jpg

5. Lazza

Lazza Registered

It's probably just the LOD. More visible on zoom cameras.