Strange number in setup

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Alesi, Jan 21, 2012.

1. Alesi

Alesi Registered

Well.. renault3.5... setup: rear antiroll bar - strange numbers (10kg\mm, 11 kg\mm and than 14 kg\mm, 17 kg\mm, 18 kg\mm and than 15 kg\mm, 16 kg\mm, than again 18 kg\mm, 21, 22, 19, again 21, 25, 30, 31, 22, 24, again 31.. and so on)!!!!
    is it bug (mistake) or what? does it work correctly or not? why such strange number and why some of then repeats??????????

2. Alesi

Alesi Registered

and why in renault3.5 there front susp - detached??? bumps and rebound =1? why? rear susp ok, but front.. so front susp detached, but it has third spring (which have some setups and can be changed), how this can be? and rear does not have it... strange... some ideas?? ISI?

3. Alesi

Alesi Registered

guys? what u think?

4. TJones

TJones Registered

5. Alesi

Alesi Registered

and what about those strange numbers in rear antiroll bar??

6. deathofmarat

deathofmarat Registered

My guess would be the repeat numbers come from the rear bar being produced from different materials...

I'd suspect the lowest/softest of the numbers are made of... aluminium alloy? the highest/stiffest bars made of steel.
    This is just a bit of a guess, though...
    And some material awareness would be nice if my guess were correct... perhaps something the devs could write in.

7. TJones

TJones Registered

In reality ARB´s are adjustable by alter link point position, or replace it with another one that differ in diameter.
    In some cars ARB´s are adjustable from cockpit, unfortunately i don´t no how it works.
    No idea about these strange order of numbers.

8. Alesi

Alesi Registered

in real... and aluminium.. yeahh... but what it is in the game?? (dont think steel aluminium etc..) i think this wrong order. and this is a bug. so... ISI pay attention on this

9. lordpantsington

lordpantsington Registered

Not incorrect at all. Extract the HDV and look at the comments. So it isn't ordered by rate? When the game displays "18" which 18 are you talking about? Oh, that is right the one from the //Ø 20 x 2.25 Ti Blade. The different rates are because of size. Although I expected to see slightly different rates. Maybe they are just stubbed in and will change slightly later? Maybe they need to be ordered like that because of adjustable bars?

It is great that you pointed this out. As it knocks something off my wish list. It appears with special attributes defined, you don't have to build up setup options sequentially!