strange ffb on honda civic

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by Rapala, Feb 19, 2015.

1. Rapala

Rapala Registered

I find the ffb on the civic rather odd in that whilst turning and having grip, the ffb will kind of 'lock' the steering at that angle and even straightening the steering requires some force, adding a bit of throttle then moves the 'lock' to more of an angle. The clio also feels like this but it's strongest in the civic. None of the other cars feel like this so I find it strange that just these 2 exhibit these characteristics. Anyone else notice this and feel like they need to be 'fixed'?

2. msportdan

msportdan Banned

3. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Dozens of threads about this on the forum, Its basically Torque steer, Something like 330bhp on the front wheels.

4. Rapala

Rapala Registered

ah I see, makes sense then.

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Personally I find it too severe, but loads of videos and research later and lots of input from guys on here who have driven pretty powerful FWD cars, it would appear ISI got the torque steer nailed pretty good. I still have to lower my ffb multi and up the smoothing on this car though at the expense of ffb feeling.

6. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

Yup, as Steve says, it's the car's nature. Just be advised of attacking curbs, the game still has the inertia issue and not enough G pull so when the thing lifts, it takes off.

7. buzard

buzard Registered

I had a front wheel drive car and almost crashed a few times due to that effect. I got used to it real quick though.