Strange CTD

Discussion in 'Car Modding' started by Major_Parts, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

I converted a car over from rf1, bunged it all in rf2 and it crashed while loading the car. Having gone over everything with a comb finer than one for nits, I was stumped.
    I searched here but only found things I already checked and double checked.
    After 2 days of it CTDing, I added the car as a team to another similar series, putting all GMTs and MAPs into a MAS file as not to confuse things.
    All the physics files were now of the similar series.
    The car loaded and was driveable.
    So, I copied the series folder to a temp place and went about deleting all the teams except my new one. I left all the physics files as per the similar series and intended to replace them one at a time until I found the file causing the CTD.
    I copied this now new series back to my vehicles folder and it is back to CTD.
    The trace doesn't give me any clues.
    What would help, I think, is if the loading bar had some info on it of what it was actually loading!

2. Michael Borda

Michael Borda Car Team

Without knowing more, my first guess is that as rF2 requires TGM tyre file references, you might be missing those from your vehicle physics. You need to reference a TGM in your TBC file, preferably copying one or more of our existing TGM's to get you started and referencing those correctly in your TBC file. Failing this I would need more details.

3. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Do you try alt+tab after CTD? sometimes it shows the issue, IF is a straight CTD you should check your car materials if they have assigned all maps (not missing map but missing asignations, like empty material slot), or, check your driver and the animation, or check if your MAIN files have the right path/names inside.

4. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

I have TGM's and all mats are fine...like I said, everything loaded fine when I made it a team of a similar series but when I deleted the other teams and left the new car as the one remaining team, it went back to crashing....There is no little error box like you get when a material is missing, just the "rfactor2 has encountered a problem and needs to close" thing.
    I have since deleted it all and started again using the physics files of the similar series. The car loads fine on the spinner as before, but still "rfactor2 has encountered a problem..." when going to track. Both GENs are referencing the same files and both have the same search paths etc
    I was thinking along the lines of there being a dodgy texture file and when included with the other series, there is one with the same name that is used, but that leaves the question "why does it load on the spinner?" when in a mod by itself?
    I even tried leaving all the MAPs from the other series as part of the search paths, but it makes no difference.
    I don't have a driver and animations, so it isn't that.
    I've now deleted it all again and will start again with the similar series as the base, checking each and every GMT for each and every MAT and texture!

5. pay2021

pay2021 Registered

Hmm, happen to me, and i re do the material with the doggy texture, rename it, use new, try using a basic T1 shader with one texture to eliminate variables.

6. Major_Parts

Major_Parts Registered

The good news is, it works now :)
    The bad news is, I haven't got a scooby doo what was wrong :D

Sorry to anyone finding this thread hoping for an answer to their own problem! Best bet is to start over :p