stop game from requesting my pit stop?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ricknau, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

Is there a way? I find it real annoying and distracting. I request pit stop only to see "pit stop unrequested" because the game had beat me to it.

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Not sure exactly what you mean Rick.

If you select pit request too soon on a lap the crew will go back to lunch and hang out the "pit stop unrequested" .........or if you low on fuel.

player.JSON:
    Game Options:

"Automatic Pit Menu":0,
    "Automatic Pit Menu#":"brings up pit menu automatically: 0=disabled, 1=upon pit ENTRY, change cockpit menu but do not bring up HUD, 2=pit ENTRY->cockpit & HUD, 3=pit REQUEST->cockpit menu only, 4=pit REQUEST->cockpit & HUD",

3. Justy

Justy Registered

Doesn't it do this if you have the fuel strategy set in the garage menu? Have you tried setting the number of fuel stops to 0?

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

4. eltidi

eltidi Registered

Seems like you have a pit strategy already in the garage, select 0 to avoid the pit being called automatically.

5. Panigale

Panigale Banned

I find this odd as well. I want to plan my stop(s) but I'd prefer a "box this lap or next" message instead of a pitstop requested showing up. Not sure how it works in real life but I assume the driver selecting 'pit requested' is a confirmation of the request to box. Would be helpful if someone that knows can confirm how it works for real drivers.

6. boblevieux

boblevieux Registered

I'd like it to be only a voiced warning from the pit, and the yellow low fuel icon should also be hidden when the HUD is disabled.

7. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

I have the same problem, I suppose its as DD says:

8. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

That's not it. Just don't use the pre set pit options in the garage setup. It's the only workaround. I agree though, something better would be nice.

9. 1959nikos

1959nikos Registered

Thanks.

10. c.pucher

c.pucher Registered

Yeah, think that works. I first thought this isn't a good solution as it won't allow me to predefine how much fuel I want to add while pitting but thats not the case. If I set it to 1 pitstop and define the fuel I want to add and the change it to 0 again it will keep the amount of fuel :)

11. Ricknau

Ricknau Registered

To explain more clearly, I have set a strategy to make a pit stop. I know from experimentation that I can go x number of laps on my first stint and where in the lap I will signal for the stop. The game has its own calculation of when it thinks I'll run out and signals for a stop before I do. So if I hit the button some time after he game does and the crew is already ready, then my action cancels the games request and the crew goes back to lunch!

All this reading and thinking and button pushing while I'm racing can easily make me miss a break point and crash. Which happened yesterday during a league race. Arrrgh! :mad:

Interesting... Thanks guys for the tips. I'll turn off the "feature".

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  12. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Never said it was :confused:

But it STOPS the HUD coming up !

But i guess everyone here knew that already ................ffs

13. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Why do you put that in your reply then, if you apperently know that that is not related :confused: That is what gets all of us confused, and know I am confused about you being confused about that :confused: (I hope that doesn't confuses you).

If you had at least said it wasn't the solution to his problem, but something that might be usefull to others, then everything would have been more clear to everyone ;)

14. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Because it is a fuel setting, some people may not be aware or like having to see pitmenu or scroll back to HUD they use. ie: tyres , sectors, etc.

Just because it is a specific question does not mean you can't add additional info ?
    Like seriously if all threads stuck to that we would know nothing.
    More then once I have picked up a helpful tip for something unrelated to the topic.

Cutting fuel to the bone, is it that critical ?
    In F3 I can do Personal Bests with 20 litres, Brabham 40 litres +
    I guess it would effect modern Open Wheel more so.

So if I doing pits in my room, or for that matter any race, I run extra fuel ( 2 laps + ) and never see the pesky fuel warning before pitting, ergo it can't request or un-request anything, only I can.
    Plus you have a extra 2 laps gas if you wanted to run longer. ;)

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2015
  15. FatCity

FatCity Registered

I understand what you are saying and it does the same for me, it used to give me the shytes but now I just leave it up because it gives me the info that I am nearing a pitstop timeframe. I know how much fuel/laps I have left so I keep going till I want to pit and it also allows me to make any necessary adjustments be fore I pit.

16. Nimugp

Nimugp Registered

Never said you couldn't :confused: (sounds familiar??? :p )

I just said that if you don't say that it isn't related, then that is confusing. ;) I you just added 'on another note' or something like that, then everything would have been a lot less confusing, and you still would give additional info ;)

EDIT :: and to stop adding to much off-topic to this thread, I won't reply here anymore after this one, unless I've got something usefull to add (which I think I won't ;) )