Stock Cars coming

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by buddhatree, Aug 25, 2014.

1. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

This cars can be very drivable in many "good flowing" road courses already released. So no really need a lot extra tracks for it. Although we will not really resisting if we get it :) And eventually probably we get most appropriate tracks, that way or another:)

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Disagree. ISI have a chance to make a big impact here.

I'm not saying a full calendar, but a good few quality ovals would be rather good.

3. kimikaze

kimikaze Registered

I agree that you disagree and in that way(rF2 will get back some points) i agree with you :) I was more referring to enjoyment with this cars in conjunction of some already available tracks.

4. johnsclander

johnsclander Registered

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  5. freew67

freew67 Registered

and Indy

6. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

We already have Indy, and aparently will get Jacksonville (Superspeedway), not-Charlotte (1.5 mile). And as said above, Kentucky name was spotted. Hopefully we are getting Richmond too. So we cover the whole spectrum of (Cup) oval tracks.

And how about quality?

Would it be this one? http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/17635-South-Shore-Early-WIP-sneak-preview

7. Jamie Shorting

Jamie Shorting Registered

I'd rather get the car soon than wait another 12 months for a couple of cookie cutter ovals to be released with it. I understand it's always a negative attitude around here where as, "they better do it my way or else it's a fail" but there is always the option of not downloading it if you aren't interested.

8. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I get that. Part of me worries about people downloading it initially an having very few places to take it racing and that being their lasting impression is all. I'm not bothered, I'm hyped it's coming. Just sayin'

9. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Indy, Texas (mod track), and Orchard (mod track) + these cars will have road configurations so all the road tracks...

10. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

it's all getting a little bitty & bobby in rf2, +modders supplying quality tracks are not plentiful everything seems fragmented.

this view may not be popular :
    I'd prefer they simply hung onto this mod until it can be released with 2 or 3 tracks so with Indianapolis there'll be 4 good tracks from the go.

+then go back to the Historics & work on a couple of tracks ( to make 4 decent tracks with an updated monaco & spa)

lots of high quality ISI cars already but comparatively a tad light on ISI quality tracks.

for this reason any talk of even further cars is of very low interest to me

the ovals with the road config (& where possible the road only config) provide many good options for other series

+ Historic cars in rf2 being of such good quality (& not really covered anywhere else)is very light on (quality) track content

p.s I see the logic in releasing to draw modders in for track content etc -but it dose not seem to be happening (at least for quality track mods)

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 26, 2014
  11. stonec

stonec Registered

+1. Charlotte, Jacksonville, and this car all in one pack would be an excellent start. And proper rules support for ovals. I'm a bit afraid this will be another single car release without any rule changes, as was DW12.

12. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Which will seldom satisfy the oval-only racer.

I'm not having a dig at anyone or anything. Just my view. Its coming, I'm hyped.

13. Adrianstealth

Adrianstealth Registered

agreed -rather than WIP / only 1st release blah blah, I'd actually prefer stuff hung onto until a more rounded & complete release
    ( much closer to final subject to feedback & "final" update) & priority on the tracks, otherwise nearly everything seems like early release without a rounded series possible even in a minimal form -meaning 4 tracks I think this could help more modders due to more interest it will attract. Of course not exactly sure what's coming & only basing on previous, also hope I'm not sounding rude.

14. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Ah, patience stonec. Good things seem to be brewing at ISI. I'll be happy with a single car/track release for now, but hope updates will soon follow (DW12?)

15. 88mphTim

88mphTim racesimcentral.net

DW12 update will come after the SC, possibly after two other cars which may all be ready at about the same time. But we're still not talking a long wait.

16. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Awesome :)

17. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

This only ignites the excitement even more! :)

Sendt fra min LG-E400 med Tapatalk2

18. Guimengo

Guimengo Guest

I'm not an oval racer but I'd give the tracks a go, I also look forward to current standard material (at all levels) so new ISI tracks are greatly welcome especially since only in a handful of cases mods are of comparable quality. Some will race anything anywhere, some won't.

19. Carlo

Carlo Registered

Lovin' it Tim. I'm a SC fan from way back and was fortunate to have seen all the greats live (Petty, Baker, Pearson, Yarborough, etc). Also met Michael and Mario - have a bottle of wine that Mario signed.

20. Fabio Pittol

Fabio Pittol Registered

Tim, any words regargind the aero triggers for things like roof flaps, for example? Judging by the template you released it won't be there yet. But yet, the model could have been updated but not the template wireframe layer.