Steering Rotation Changed Mid-Session

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by WarroF1, May 4, 2015.

1. WarroF1

WarroF1 Registered

Hello,

I am currently testing the DW12 at Barber in single-player mode, using a G27 wheel. 900 degrees set in the Logitech profiler, with the in-game rotation "Vehicle Set" ticked to on. The in-game wheel was matched perfectly to the rotation of my actual wheel. Then about one hour into testing, I leave the pits as normal and find the rotation of the wheels no longer match. I suddenly have to turn my wheel much more just to try and get the car through a corner, and the in-game representation of the wheel doesn't rotate as much. I have literally changed nothing other than car setup changes since I made the session.

The only thing I have noticed after trying some different settings, is that on the controls screen before joining a session, the wheel rotation says 450 (this was not set by me, but the game after I clicked Vehicle Set), but when I go to the controls screen while in a session, it has changed by itself to 540, even with Vehicle Set ticked. But whatever I do, the in-game wheel barely moves, while I have to turn my actual wheel way much more than I needed to before.

I know the in-game wheel is only a visual representation, and I know plenty here just turn it off. But I have it on for problems just like this, and I can easily tell my wheel is working as it should be. I'm sorry if this isn't explained well, but I've never had something like this happen, and I haven't got a clue why it changed.

Thanks in advance.

2. WarroF1

WarroF1 Registered

Well, this is kind of embarrassing. I had steering help on low by accident. :D Everything is fine now, sorry for the double post!

3. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Ha if I had a nickel for every time I've done that. :D

Oh no the force feedback is all messed up! My wheel must be broken! Oh, scratch that, I accidentally turned on steering help when trying to hit esc... :D

4. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

5. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Get in the habit of unmapping all aids from your keyboard, especially the ones you'll almost definitely never use - probably every one besides ABS and TC.