Steering range issues, since update?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Davy Van Rossem, Oct 24, 2020.

1. Davy Van Rossem

Davy Van Rossem Registered

Hi there,

I think I had an update of rFactor 2 2 days ago (might have been only mods, not sure) and since then I notice something has changed to my steering. When I turn my wheel 180 degrees, visually on screen I estimate it only turns around 60-70 degrees. I also have the impression that it actually doesn't steer well enough into the corners, although I'm not fully sure of that. It may be only visual. Does anybody have any idea how to get this working correctly?

I use a Simucube 2 Pro direct drive motor, with these True Drive settings:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yJ17js8o6ZU6O_Er1m-VhwbM-swqqa5-/view?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Sm9XVXowt2_pSZXp806dsokCMFEn547k/view?usp=sharing
    In True Drive, the steering of the wheel on screen corresponds perfectly withe the physical rotation of the wheel.

My Controller.JSON file is added in attachment.

Any help is well appreciated. I tried changing various settings and I'm a bit stuck, probably mainly because I don't really know how they interact...

Attached Files:

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

No chance you have steering help (F1) enabled?

3. Davy Van Rossem

Davy Van Rossem Registered

Damn! :eek:
    Thank you soooo much! It was indeed at Medium, my steering is back to normal now. I had no idea. I must have hit it by accident when pushing Esc. First thing to do is now check if I can disable that F1 command in Controls.

4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

:p

Yes, definitely can. Just click it to assign it, and press Esc. Avoids this sort of thing (I think people sometimes knock it when trying to press Esc in the car - and because you exit back to the garage immediately, you don't see the message it's enabled).