Steering Lock "controlled by car" Not Working?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Marc Collins, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Maybe I am missing something, but if my wheel is set at 900 degrees in its control panel and I want rFactor to control the lock with the option in its control panel, should not the full turning range of my in-game car happen within the range of its own setting?

No matter what I do, the in-game car uses the range of my wheel (Fanatec GT2). For the existing cars, a setting of 540 closely mimics the actual lock, but that's not the point. Going forward, it should auto-adjust so when you switch from go-kart to 60's American sedan, you get the appropriate steering as log as it is not outside (higher than) the setting of your wheel.

Hopefully this is another temporarily offline feature to be addressed.

2. buddhatree

buddhatree Registered

Are you using a Logitech wheel? Do you have the latest software installed? Do you have "allow game to adjust settings" checked?

The in-game lock controlled by car works for me with all the above ^

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

As I stated, I have a Fanatec GT2. Somehow, iRacing is able to accomplish the variable lock with no problem.

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

It does work for me (G25) in the sense that the input stops at the angle the game sets, but it doesn't engage the physical stop in the wheel, the in-game wheel just stops turning after a certain point.

5. corsa

corsa Registered

Marc, FWIW it doesn't seem to change the wheel lock for me either, I'm using a Fanatec GT3 RS v1.

6. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Definitely works in G27/25... mine's set to 450° in the profiler and the game increases it to the current car's setting. (the "soft-stop" FFB limit, same as is set by the profiler)

So could be an issue with that particular wheel/brand, at the moment.

7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

That would be fine with me, though usually they can put in a point of strong resistance.

Hopefully it's a relatively easy fix if it is working for the Logi's already.

8. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

I increased my steering sensitivity in the controls screen. It makes your steering non linear but it's a quick fix for now. I currently have mine at 185

9. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Under no circumstances will I use non-linear steering!

10. CdnRacer

CdnRacer Banned

Maybe you should chill out dude, some here are just trying to help. If you're not interested in that maybe you should look elsewhere. I suppose I'm done with this thread.

11. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Great, because your response had nothing to do with the topic. Nevertheless I appreciate you were just trying to help.

12. DarrenM

DarrenM Registered

I don't have a logitech wheel either and I'd really like a 1:1 steering response. Setting the lock on the controller page didn't help and neither did changing the steering ratio on the car setup.

I ended up using 185% sensitivity to get it close to 1:1 around center which at least makes the sim driveable, but it's still far from ideal.

13. sandrini

sandrini Registered

The same for me - Currently Im using the Fanatec GT3RS and the steering is not really working like I want !

Have to set up my wheel down from 900 to ~150-200 (depends on the car). However I still dont have a feeling that I can drive a good time with that setting. > I know -> BETA :D

14. NitroStar

NitroStar Registered

My Logitech G27 was at 900 (on the track) the last time I ran rF2. I went back to settings and it said My G27 profile was loaded and the Megane car had it at 400. Went back to track and it was at 900. Went back to settings and reloaded my profile and it fixed it. Don't know why it said my profile was listed and it was not applied though :confused:

15. Mike_F

Mike_F Registered

Check the difficulty tab in settings. Make sure the steering assist is off. It is set to "low" by default. It fixed my issue with the steering lock.

16. Uff

Uff Registered

As I wrote in another thread around here, I have the same problem with the same steering wheel the OP has.

17. sandrini

sandrini Registered

Also , depends on your wheel, you should set up LINear to "0" on your wheel.

However , I really dont get a good driving feeling have to say. No feeling for the car and no feeling for the street.

18. Terence Groening

Terence Groening Registered

We do desire and intend to support this feature for all wheels in the future. Currently we only support that feature with Logitech because they are the only ones with an API that has such a function. We have inquired with Fanatec and Thrustmaster but haven't found a solution for those wheels yet. Ideally there would be a standard interface, so we don't have to support a bunch of different APIs. And barring that, we'll have to create our own and ask the hardware manufacturers to support it!

19. Uff

Uff Registered

Thanks for the answer Terence. I would like to point out though that this feature works fine with my Fanatec GT2 in other sims like iRacing, netKar Pro and Ferrari Virtual Academy, so I think it definitely is possible to make it work.
    Let's hope a solution can be found soon!