Steering force from front wheels only?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Holzvergaser, Jan 16, 2012.

1. Holzvergaser

Holzvergaser Registered

hi, what i am asking here is possibly well knowen to players of simbim games, like GT legends and race07/gtrEVO.

in the plr file there was a setting that told the wheel where the steering force is comming from, and by default it was something like 80-90 front 10-20 rear, in %. now i dont liked that i wanted 100% steering force from front axle and no washed out ffb effects with 10% rear axle in the mix.
    with 100% steering force taken from the front wheels, the FFB got more "clean" and easier to read what the car wants as you dont get "wrong information" from the rear end throwen into the mix.

now i dont know rf1 much at all, i dont know if rf1 had a settingfor that, and i want to know if anyone has maybe found a setting that is responisble fr this in rf2? or does RF2 by default take 100% steering force from the front and there is no setting because of that?

anyone?

2. osella

osella Registered

Since the ffb is similar to realfeel from rf1, I'd say it's 100% front wheels

3. jimcarrel

jimcarrel Registered

Turn the ffb multiplier down below 1.0, try 0.85 to 0.90, it will "clean" it up.

4. Lantern Rouge

Lantern Rouge Registered

I posted something similar to this in another post. You need to be able to adjust the amount of force coming from each end. If it is defaulted to 100% front, that would explain why there is no indication of when the back of the car is losing grip. As a driver of Simbin titles, that is my biggest complaint of rF. rF2 is better, but I still have the back of the car come around with no warning, which never happens in GTR2.

Please don't take this as me being a fanboy - I really want to like rF2.