SteamCMD.cmd file to make it easier.

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Radar, Jun 21, 2017.

1. Radar

Radar Registered

Hi All,

I've seen many posts from people asking how to set up a SteamCMD dedicated server. It's not hard but I do realise it can be for some.. Anyway, for a long time now I've been using the attached code and thought it would be handy for those here to use..

The Code is below, I've attached the rFactor2 Steam updater.cmd file just in case, also the SteamCMD.exe file for those who don't have it..
    Depending on future changes with Dedicated Server in the future, this will either be null-and-void, or the same will still apply.

For those who wish to use their own Steam login details, replace SET STEAMLOGIN=anonymous with your details. For example SET STEAMLOGIN=SteamLogin Password

NOTE:
    Space between SteamLogin and Password

I use anonymous as my login and just copy the .rfcmp files over to the packages folder on the server. I have my own dedicated server (proper server) so for me it's easy to copy paste files from my personal copy to the dedicated server, for some people the access might be limited. Consult your server admin if that is the case. Once files in packages, run Mod Manager, ensure Working Dir: and Packages Dir: are pointing to your install folder as per below image in my case.
    upload_2017-6-21_19-1-15.png

Once you have installed SteamCMD, paste this .CMD file in the same shortcut folder as rF2. Edit the .CMD file to suit your install locations (locate these lines below and change to suit)

When an update is released, double click the .CMD file icon and that's it, it does the rest for you.

upload_2017-6-21_18-58-55.png
    upload_2017-6-21_18-56-49.png
    upload_2017-6-21_19-0-2.png

Code:
    @echo off

SETLOCAL ENABLEDELAYEDEXPANSION

:: DEFINE the following variables where applicable to your install

SET STEAMLOGIN=anonymous
        SET BRANCH=400300

:: Note, the missing quotation marks, these need to be wrapped around the entire "+app_data......"

SET Path=E:\rFactor2
        SET STEAMPATH=E:\SteamCMD

:: _________________________________________________________

echo.
    echo     You are about to update rFactor 2 - Steam
    echo        Dir: %Path%
    echo        Branch: %BRANCH%
    echo.
    echo     Key "ENTER" to proceed
    pause
    %STEAMPATH%\steamcmd.exe +login %STEAMLOGIN% +force_install_dir %Path% +"app_update %BRANCH%" +quit
    echo .
    echo     Your rFactor 2 - Steam is now up to date
    echo     key "ENTER" to exit
    pause

That's it people, something to make things easier for you.

Attached Files:

kro388th and MaD_King like this.