Steam Purchases

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by energy88, Jan 24, 2021.

1. energy88

energy88 Registered

This has me baffled, in all honesty it is confusing as to what i have purchased and what i have not purchased, i have not played in a while and went on steam to buy some content i did not think i owned. I am sure i have purchased things twice because yesterday i bought the Endurance pack and the endurance pack 2 because it did not state i already owned it and i was not sure if i already had it, so i bought it and afterwards when i went through all the content individually it said already in inventory, however if i now select the endurance pack 1 and 2 steam does not tell me i already have it in my inventory and lets me purchase it again.
    What is going on, is there any way to tell if i have paid twice for already owned content, why is it letting me purchase things i already own?

Thanks.

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

After you purchase a pack, the pack itself kind of disappears - all you own are the cars (and/or tracks) that were in it. Your inventory will only show cars and tracks.

You need to go through what you have and work out which ones you're missing, which packs will let you get those, and whether getting the pack is more cost efficient than getting the cars you're missing from it (might be 7 cars.. might be 2 cars). It's not easy, I would suggest actually making a list and crossing things off.

For now you might want to refund the packs you just bought while you work it out, though I'm sure you'll be able to sort it out within the refund window (48 hours) if you list it out properly. Don't try to keep track in your head unless you're REALLY familiar with the cars.

And in case it's not already clear, buying a pack with cars/tracks you already own doesn't give you any discount or give you any bonuses - you still only own each item once. Still, depending on prices it can be best to purchase the pack regardless. I would advise waiting for a sale if you haven't played for a while though, generally you can get stuff at 33 or 50% discount.

3. energy88

energy88 Registered

Thanks I will try the refund first.