Steam Overlay and dependencies

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by C-L-M, Mar 7, 2021.

1. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

For any competitions could studio397 please clearly list the dependencies on screen. Apparently I am supposed to use Steam Overlay to be presented with the required dependencies as purchases in a shopping cart.... I don't like Steam overlay, especially in VR. I don't use a VR controller for simracing, and can't provide the dialog with any input using a mouse... The dialog wil be in my view until I quit SteamVR (or grab a VR controller with dead batteries because I never use it).

As a general remark there is just to big an issue with missing dependencies for a race. Please list what's missing first. Don't abort with a "can't install mod" message without any further clarifications.

Hazi likes this.
  2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

What headset do you have as I can control the Steam overlay with my headset and a button under my left eye on the Valve Index.

3. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

HP Reverb G2. It does not have a button on the headset.
    But it would be so much easier if rF2 simply lists what tracks or cars are missing. I can just go to Steam and buy what is needed, when I like it (and also use a keyboard and mouse for input).

4. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Does the steam overlay not show on the desktop (static window) too?

5. C-L-M

C-L-M Registered

No... It does not overlay on the RF2 session on the 'desktop'.