Steam Online Server Racing Questions

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Airbrush Art, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

When You go to a online server and You download the track and the rest of the downloads to race on their server,do they stay with Your game ? I'am also concerned about the possibility of Viruses, Should I scan the files ? thanks for any input...

2. DurgeDriven

DurgeDriven Banned

Yes all downloads will remain installed and in your packages location.

I am not sure about Steam version ( I assume it is the same ) , in Non-Steam you can make multi packages folders to store archives away from main folder.

Maybe to save expensive SSD space or to divide different mods into sections like I do or just to keep them safe. ;)

As you see in screenshot I have a dozen package locations.
    [​IMG]

Anything labelled ISI or 3PA would not have a virus ( you can download all those in one hit from launcher )

Could a virus be embedded in a community add-on, hypothetically, yes ..............But in 25 years, dozens of sim titles and 1,000's of downloads I have never seen it.

*P.S. The only con using multi package folders when you download from launcher you need to select the correct package location beforehand.

Downloading from Get Mod/ Server I think it auto defaults to rFactor2/Packages ( don't quote me on that )

3. Depco

Depco Registered

Durge, I believe that is exactly where it defaults to.

4. Airbrush Art

Airbrush Art Registered

Thanks Durge Happy New Year...