Steam Key?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Lance70, May 15, 2023.

1. Lance70

Lance70 Registered

Hi all :)

New to the forum and wanted to post in the support area but i have insufficient privileges.

I purchased RF2 back in 2012 and really enjoyed it. I want to re-install using a steam key. Ive sent a few emails to the support on rf2 website but havent had any responses. Can any one here help? Originally i paid $82.99 USD for the lifetime licence.

Order Date 2012-01-11 21:02:39
    Coupon Code
    Paid Date 2012-01-11
    Currency USD
    Price 82.99
    Order Number RF12xxxx63
    Payment Status Paid
    Publisher Image Space
    Product rFactor2-Lifetime
    Affiliate ISI
    Offering rF2_Beta_Lifetime

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Short version: you can't use that anymore. If you wait for a sale you can probably get it at least half price.

Rui Santos likes this.
  3. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

You paid $82.99 to ISI for lifetime access to online servers.(please go back & check the wording of the license) ISI wanted to promote online racing so they created that lifetime license to encourage users to migrate from rF1 to rF2. The plan, I assume, was to use the income from the sale of Lifetime Licenses to fund permanent online servers. Many public & private servers are out there waiting for you,(literally 100's) but NOT from ISI. S397 purchased rF2 at least 5 or 6 years ago and promoted a free switch to Steam for about a year, they then extended that to around 18 months(if my poor memory is even remotely accurate) S397 promoted the change in what was considered a good faith effort to alert users.
    Also the Competition System is online and available to all rF2 users. There are even 3rd party organizations like LFM or RaceRoom that use rF2 online. Plenty of options for the ONLINE ACCESS for those who correctly transferred the ISI license to S397 via Steam. But that free transfer time expired half a decade ago.
    So when you say you sent emails to the rF2 website, I'm assuming you sent those to ISI who ABSO-FREAKIN'-LUTELY have nothing to do with rF2 any longer. This very similar to a thread from 2020 and even then the user was two years too late.
    Your simplest solution, and one you probably won't like, is to wait for a seasonal Steam sale and buy rF2 at a reduced price. (or try a site like CD Keys)

Rui Santos likes this.
  4. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Yeah, what Dave said, just a bit less triggered.

Note that this has come up and been covered quite a number of times, which sort of explains the above...

McFlex, pkelly and davehenrie like this.
  5. Lance70

Lance70 Registered

All good, thanks for the info. Didn't mean to tread on any toes, good luck on track.

solerpalau likes this.