steam:best way to uninstall ?

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by kro388th, Jun 16, 2016.

1. kro388th

kro388th Registered

I cant seem to solve my plugins issue and it seems know one has a clue so I want to do a complete uninstall and wipe everything related to rf2 off my hd so I can start fresh ..

I think something happened when I moved from non steam to steam install- du to trying to save all my 30 gigs of an install lol .. so I probably have multiple instances in the registry or something keeping any plugins I add from showing up in game .. see > http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.p...w-in-game-menu?p=426790&viewfull=1#post426790

so what's the best way to completely remove any and all remnants of rf2 to make sure its going to be a clean install ..

is ther a tool that can wipe everything ? (I wish lol)

Thanks !

2. Woodee

Woodee Registered

Goto rFactor 2 in your steam library, right click and press "delete local content".

3. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thx woddy , been there done that :) ..i guess i should have asked whats the best way to clear out any old instances of rf2 in the registery . I think my issue stems from remints of my old non steam install .. Simply uninstalling the steam version and reinstalling dosent solve my plugin issue .. :-( im on win 7 -64 . I remember on older windows i could find the reg but im lost now days lol .. I know theres stuff in %appdata% for my account & name info that stays behind on uninstalls .. But i dont think thats causing it ??? :-/
    Thanks !!

4. Nielsen

Nielsen Registered

If its in the registry then you can do it manually by searching(find) all instances with rfactor or rfactor2 and then delete the headkeys holding these paths.
    Cumbersome yes but if you use your common sense its not terrible dangerous:)

5. kro388th

kro388th Registered

Thanks for the help guys .. I can't for the life of me figure this out .. I've uninstalled wiped reinstalled ..rinse-repeat .. same issue .... any 3rd party plugins just wont show in game ;-(

I can remove any of the default plugins and they are gone from the in game list - re install them and there back in the in game list so it's seeing the right paths and all ...

WTF is up with my install ..?? lol

6. stonec

stonec Registered

It sounds like you have an issue with file or folder permissions. The plugin status is normally written to \Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\rFactor 2\UserData\player\CustomPluginVariables.JSON file. If the plugin can't write to that file, then it won't show in the game under Plugins/Difficulty menu and will probably not work at all.

7. Skan

Skan Registered

Non-steam install by default will put an rfactor 2 folder in the users\documents folder. I am not saying that will fix Your plugin problem but deleting the rfactor 2 folder will help You get rid of all traces of the non-steam install.

8. Goanna

Goanna Registered

Hi Kro,
    From reading your other thread I reckon the problem is with the vcredist stuff, you could try to uninstall the newer version via your windows control panel(may "break" whatever uses that though...installed any new programs lately?) then install say the TrackMap plugin and run its vcredist installer and see if that works.

Cheers

G