"Steady Framerate Thresh" & "Synchronize Frame" explanation & advice please

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Spinelli, Mar 30, 2014.

1. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

- Steady Framerate Thresh="0.00100" // Allowed threshold in seconds to try to 'catch up' when falling behind using Max Framerate (use 0 for original behavior). This helps steady the framerate but may introduce more latency.

- Synchronize Frame="1.00000" // Extrapolate graphics using estimated render time in attempt to more accurately synchronize physics with graphics, 0.0 (off) - 1.0 (full)

I changed Steady Framerate Thresh to 0.00000 just because it says it may introduce more latency so i'd rather have the absolute minimum latency possible, even if it means tearing or graphics anomalies or whatever. But can we get a more detailed explanation please?

What about synchronize frame? If I don't care about graphics anomalies and just want the most instant response/minimum latency should I put that from 1.0 to 0.0 as well?

By the way I am using "Max Framerate="120.00000"" in the PLR and also pre-rendered frames set to "1" in my NVidia control panel if that makes any difference to the above 2 settings....

Oh and a final question, if I do not set my pre-rendered frames to "1" in my graphics card control panel then does RF2 stock use 1, 2 or 3? It seems most games use 2 or 3 (smoothness at the expense of latency)...

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 1, 2014
  2. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Nobody?....

3. Spinelli

Spinelli Banned

Technical ISI programmer guys, may you please answer?

4. Ari Antero

Ari Antero Registered

PM otta56 I bet he has can answer to you.