STATIC 01

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by Andrea1968, Oct 11, 2022.

1. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

hi all, I have this problem with regards to reflections. I must necessarily insert the STATIC01 instruction with all its parameters in the scn otherwise the cockpit of the ferrari and other cars flash in a strange way, but it creates a problem for me on the wet track, as you can see in the picture with static01 enabled the track after a few laps it becomes a white mirror while without static it is perfect until the end of the race. the material of the road is an IBLROAD, can someone give me some advice to understand what it depends on? Thanks in advance
    Screenshot (626).jpg Screenshot (625).jpg Screenshot (627).jpg

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Is it the same, when use only the Entry IncludeIns=glow_ermerg07 and remove all ExcludeIns= Entries?
    Now you use only a few Meshes that you exclude and i think that this could be the Problem.
    I would suggest to not use/include any drivable Surfaces in that Instance and maybe only 1 Building or something like that.
    But i also have to say that i'm no Track Modder and so it never seriously interested me for what the Static Reflection Mapper is meant to be used for.

3. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

ok, thank you very much, I had to exclude the glow_emergency otherwise I had blue reflections in the wet so it is likely that there are meshes that make white reflections, I'll do some tests and see, thanks again

redapg likes this.
  4. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

Solved, I followed the advice of redapg that I thank and I approached a good result, then I had a consultation in private with Frederick Alonso who advised me to use only RFMAP0 in particular that of LochDrummond and that's it without STATIC and without REFLECTEDENV because It is no longer used and the results have been excellent, no more glitches on some cars and reflections in the wet without that annoying and unsightly white veil. thanks again to everyone

Emery and Corti like this.
  5. redapg

redapg Registered

If i understand it right, you only use the Refmap0 now?
    Did you try that with a non open Wheel Car in the Rain?
    There have been some Problems with black Rain Drops on the Windows, on Tracks that didn't have all 3 Mapper Sections defined in the SCN File, in the Past.
    And has there been an official Information somewhere, about Static01 and Reflectedenv not being used anymore?
    To be honest, i doubt that a little bit. :)

6. Alex Sawczuk

Alex Sawczuk Administrator Staff Member

Static mappers are required and used for lighting of all objects using pbr shaders. The screenshot with static mappers is more correct and has sky reflections.

7. redapg

redapg Registered

Do all 3 Mapper Definitions (REFMAP0, STATIC01 and REFLECTEDENV) have to be set in a SCN File?

8. Alex Sawczuk

Reflectedenv is not required anymore, but if you want wet weather to work on old builds you may want to set it. The others are all required. You can have multiple static mappers, at least static01 is required.

Emery, philrob and redapg like this.
  9. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

in fact that white veil you see in the first photo is just the sky, the problem is that it is too excessive and the final effect is not really nice for many users, if there was the possibility to intervene on this it would be fantastic

10. AFreak

AFreak Registered

I want to mention, that on all botniaring layouts the STATIC01 mapper is still missing. This causes some weird looking in VR and if there are chrome parts in the car like the mini has.

Manfredk2 likes this.
  11. Alex Sawczuk

It looks likely that you have not setup the road correctly. I see no puddle map and no blend wet mask.

philrob likes this.
  12. philrob

philrob Registered

Thanks Alex for clearing this up, much appreciated.

13. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

I would say very good clarification, I will do some checking I wish to resolve this thing

14. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

it is possible to have some more information on the static such as where it is more correct to place it (height from the ground? coordinate z I mean) thank you very much for the advice

philrob likes this.
  15. Andrea1968

Andrea1968 Registered

ok, now with a more correct use of the Blend Wet Mask I can better manage the STATIC with much improved reflections on the wet and also on the dry, moreover I no longer have the flashes inside the cockpit of the ferrari GT3 when chased by other ferrari in particularly the one with the white sky livery, thanks to everyone for the advice
    Screenshot (641).jpg Screenshot (642).jpg Screenshot (643).jpg Screenshot (644).jpg

vava74, Emery, philrob and 5 others like this.
  16. SmellySkidmark

SmellySkidmark Registered

Bjørn likes this.