Starting the game on Steam

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Luke1274, Jun 8, 2022.

1. Luke1274

Luke1274 Registered

I tried to run the game, it said I needed to download roughly 700mb update, ok so I did that, then it comes up and says I need to download 1.4G update ok so I did that, then it said I have to update another 8.5G update before I can run the game, how many updates is this going to take FFS.

I don't have access to unlimited internet I am in a outback region and cannot download unlimited amounts of data. This is pathetic I don't want to upgrade every time I want to play the game. I turned of upgrades and play offline but when I go online for another game Steam decides it will upgrade everything and then make the games unplayable until I have upgraded. I DONT HAVE UNLIMITED DATA. Now I cannot run the bloody thing.

2. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

At the beginning there should have been a couple of choices to limit how much content you download. But rF2 is a large game. It has been around for almost a decade and includes a large amount of free content. Once you do get all that content downloaded and installed, it will only download more when a car or track has been updated. You can use the Steam Workshop to unsubscribe from most 3rd party items to save some time & data.

3. lagg

lagg Registered

When rF2 begins to download the content, you can:
    • Cancel the downloading, closing Steam.
    • Go to your Steam account on the web.
    • Unsubscribe all the content that you want to avĂ­os the download.
    • Start Steam again and continue automatically without download the unsubscribed content.
    You can't avoid the downloading of the DLCs

Last edited: Jun 8, 2022