Starting several Dedicated Servers on one server

Discussion in 'Hosting Help' started by Christian Wolter, Apr 12, 2020.

1. Christian Wolter

Christian Wolter Registered

Hello, everyone,

I have now managed to start a Dedicated Server only under steamcmd with paid content, which was quite difficult by the way... Now I have the problem that I want to start several Dedicated Servers at the same time. I have implemented this as described in the documentation (additional player profile, own shortcut), additionally I have changed the ports in the additional profile in the multiplayer configuration. I see on the computer and also in the firewall that the other ports are used. The server starts and I have a match status, but the server is not listed in the multiplayer server list. If I stop the first server and start the second one, it is listed, but both servers do not work at the same time. Does anyone have a tip for me? Thanks in advance.

2. Goanna

Goanna Registered

What the documentation fails to mention is that when you create the 2nd player folder (let’s says it is called player02) you have to rename the player.json file in there to player02.json...dunno if that’s the problem in your case.

Christian Wolter likes this.
  3. Christian Wolter

Thanks for your reply. But this is not the Case, i have rename the player File. Any other Idea?

4. Christian Wolter

Yes that was the Problem, i have changed the Ports in the Config File for Player 2, but to close to the Ports i used for the Player 1 Profile. That was the Problem. Thanks!