Spotter Lap Reporting - Sounds.

Discussion in 'Technical Archives' started by JGraf, Apr 7, 2013.

1. JGraf

JGraf Registered

hearing spotter sounds has always been questionable, some have them others do not.

i find if i install the game to a single path location, the spotter sounds do work.
    if i allow the game to install default, two separated paths, the sounds won't work.

2. panande

panande Registered

So just because I have two different folders my spotter isnt working -.-

3. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Hmm, I have all in the same directory and I can´t hear the spotter either, or more correctly I can hardly hear it. If I remember correctly, the volume of the spotter is just way too low.

4. JGraf

JGraf Registered

seems the game can't find the sounds to use when it has to look outside the data path.
    explains why i could hear them in dev mode, but not in game with separated folder paths.

tip:
    to hear the sounds better.
    with spotter slider 100%, the only way to make the voice louder is raise the speakers volume, and reduce engine sounds to 20% or even less.

5. JGraf

JGraf Registered

also, with my stereo speakers, i need to leave the number of effects 32, changing it caused spotter to fail.

6. Max

Max Registered

^^ umm no. This thread in its what? 100th incarnation. 20% or less sounds to hear the spotter? lol no. ISI screwed it up, ISI may or may not fix it, meh & JGraf, there are many many many many threads about this, have a look. Do some reading. This thread is pretty much the lamest of them all, well aside from the sim not being released yet..

7. JGraf

JGraf Registered

it's a finding that may help ISI resolve the bug, and a workaround to those who would like to hear the sounds now.

8. JGraf

JGraf Registered

so, you do have the sounds, you could prove my finding valid or not by testing a separated folders (default install)
    i understand if that sort of testing is too much to ask of anyone, testing bugs is tedious.

9. Diablo

Diablo Registered

Not right now, but I might come back to this.

10. MJP

MJP Registered

I can confirm it. Also another thing about separate folders v same folder is that all files verify when game is installed in same folder. when installed in separate folders (yes that means default install) only the 'Core' files pass, the 'Data' stuff fails (game still works though).

11. Max

Max Registered

not really a finding either... and entirely disagree.. ?

12. Max

Max Registered

Also sadly, no. I can have 5.1 sound and the effects @ 64 and hear the spotter if I turn it all down, but I won't. Been through this since the "beta" came out. It is not on their radar to fix, right now, far too many other things that aren't working right to be concerned about the spotter or proper sound? lol

13. JGraf

JGraf Registered

if you have nothing constructive to contribute, save it.

14. Max

Max Registered

wtf buddy I am being constructive. I am telling you that what you are saying has been said "written" many times. Making new threads about a bug (s) that has been talked about for 18 months, well I am only writing that is has been hashed over a lot. I am telling you my findings as well since you have not bothered to read the other many threads? Whatever man, have at it.

15. JGraf

JGraf Registered

if you will notice, i have been apart of most all those other discussions.

16. MJP

MJP Registered

Yeah we know there's been plenty of yapping about the sounds, I've posted in some of the threads myself, don't recall anyone bringing up the separate folders before though. I always used separate folders and never heard anything it was only messing around the other day trying to find if there was a max installed track limit and trying different stuff that I stumbled across it, then B198 came out. I suppose I should check nothing's changed I already know from another thread it treats the layout of physics files differently.

17. Max

Max Registered

sorry man, have a good day

18. Max Angelo

Max Angelo Registered

I have XP, so i install rF2 in a single folder, i hear the spotter with a very very low volume, but in TV cams the sound is much louder, say in a correct volume.