Spark F2 and Nissan 370z questions...

Discussion in 'ISI cars and tracks' started by tjc, Sep 9, 2013.

1. tjc

tjc Registered

From early on in my rf2 experience I`ve noticed the Spark F2 really struggles in the gears department on the longer tracks... with a default setup it`s knocking into the rev limiter pretty soon on.

The F3 now seems to be geared much better and rarely (if at all) knocks into the limiter and the Eve F2 is also fine in the gears department and never knocks into the limiter.

Why is the F2 like this and will a better default setup be made for this car?

Plus whilst I`m at it and until a better default setup is made for it, would any of you guys have some gear ratios I could try for it?

I`m not that great at car setups tbh and I`ve just been bumping up the gear ratios with equal clicks (IE say five clicks for each gear for eg) until I`m not knocking into the limiter but any more realistic or "proper" advice on how to set up the gears would be appreciated.

---

The 370z still seems to have no windscreen... :(

I`m on b300.

2. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Registered

Just change the final drive ratio...that's the easiest way to make an across-the-board change. It's also what they would have really done back in the 60's!!

3. tjc

tjc Registered

Thanks. :)