Sound as atmosphere...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Nand Gate, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Johannes Rojola

Johannes Rojola Registered

But doesn't those effects apply mostly in replay mode? I mean that such functions have very little usage when actually driving the car. You most likely only hear your own car. Replay mode it is completely another thing. I wasn't even thinking about that actually, because for realistic sim stuff should first of all work correctly when you are sitting in cockpit.

2. MaXyM

MaXyM Registered

Curious such bs are written on SIMracing forums. IRL physics works the same doesn't matter if you are in car or stand next to it. Why you are suggesting that a sim should have those things separated?

The same way you may say, that damage play insignificant role because it is not a point of racing. So we include damage just for replay purposes to make it look nice. What a wrong approach.

Realistic sim should have consistent physics working in the same way doesn't matter where camera is places. For example once properly developed Doppler effect should give correct result in cockpit as well as external views.

Approach with split behaviours due to situation, is nothing less nothing more than providing canned effects. I believe it is not what we want.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2012
  3. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Registered

I agree that ISI sound engine has rather more limitations than it should, on which I'll write in detail when I get my hands on rF2 sound modding properly. But, please, guys why don't you google the terms like 'doppler effect' first before posting nonsense?

4. Duarte Pires

Duarte Pires Registered

I don't feel the power of the car in the sounds..

In the Nissan I ear one thing inside, and outside he screams like hell..