Sorry don't see a search option

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by VAustinElly, Dec 23, 2016.

1. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

Graphics question. I was going to try and search it up but I don't see a search box because I'm sure graphics was brought up numerous times.
    OK, my question(s),
    My PC a newly built as of 7 months ago. I have 1tb of memory, AMD motherboard and processors, 16GB ram, Nvidia GeForce 730 graphics card. I can play Star wars the old Republic on it with all graphics settings on high without any lag, jaggies , or fps slowdowns but rf2 leaves something to be desired. My fps are fine, but my graphics are not nearly as clear as I have seen on YouTube videos or even on screen shots I have seen on this forum my stands only have sporadic people in them and it's choppy. I'm kind of a rookie when it comes to adjusting these things. I improved the graphics on nr2003 by watching YouTube tutorials, but there is no rf2 tutorials. What do I adjust to improve this?

2. Will Mazeo

Will Mazeo Registered

That card is not only old it is weak and still DDR3
    And saying AMD processor does not mean much, which model?

3. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I'll have to look and get back to you I can't remember off the top of my head. My thing is if my PC can handle SWOR which is a massive online game with crazy graphic requirements with no hiccups then surely it can handle rf2 especially when I mostly do offline due to work schedule. I'm aware the graphics card is not the best but it's been good enough for every other game I have. No other game is choppy.

4. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

I am using 780 ti and have to keep my settings mostly at low, so i wouldn't expect much from 730.
    Though I'm using triple screens and want to keep fps over 120. Single screen and 60 fps requires much less power, but still you are not going to get those screenshot graphics with that graphics card.

5. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

Ok here is a better list of my PC.
    MSI gaming 970 AM3 +AMD mother board
    AMD FX 4350 vishera quad core 4.2 GHz socket AM3+ 125W desktop processor

G skill trident x series 16gb Ram
    Seagate constellation ES. 3 1TB 7200rpm 128mb cache SATA 6.0GB hard drive
    Nvidia GeForce GT 730 4GB DDR3 PCI express video card
    775W modular ATX power supply

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

730 GT is WAAAY too low!
    You wont get rF2 to run as intended (if at all) with this card.
    Sorry, but get over it.

If you can invest some money get you a GTX 750ti at least. (or 950)

You can decrypt NVIDIA graphics card code as follows: GT= low end/office GTX=gaming
    First number= generation, second number(s)= tier level

7. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

8. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

I tweaked the settings last night and got rid of the choppiness I saw on the replays the night before. As said ealier it runs fine my fps is fine. I'll post screen shot when I can. I understand the graphic card is on the low end but the pc graphics still are sharper than my ps4 so it's not bad. It was the choppiness that really bugged me but I only noticed it on replay.

9. Korva7

Korva7 Registered

Or is this "MSI gaming 970" your graphics card?

10. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

As far as I know as I am not very PC savvy the MSI 970 is the motherboard it has (+AMD) How I wrote it in the earlier post was exactly how it was written on the Newegg parts list emailed to me when the pc was built. I didn't build it, my I.T. Friend did I just paid for it. Even with his discounts he gets it still cost $800 to build. And he was well aware it was to be a gaming PC.

11. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Next time do yourself a favour and spend some time learning about PC components, ask around on forums, etc. What you've got is ok but will soon struggle to play new games.

I think your IT friend either doesn't know much about gaming or got lazy and just picked some parts until the total was about right. Your CPU has 2 more cores than you need (and a similarly priced dual core would give you better gaming performance), if money is tight your 16GB ram is overkill, and your graphics card was a cheap low-end card 2 years ago (and when it comes to PC components, even the very expensive parts don't age well - whether you bought them yesterday or not).

You'll go ok with what you've got, but make sure before you buy another PC you know more about them. Your 7 month old PC is more like 2-3 years old on average (tech-wise), and I'm not sure it was worth $800 at the time you got it but I don't have any good references.

peterchen likes this.
  12. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

My I. T. friend isn't a gamer himself. I told him when it was being built that I would be playing star wars the old Republic which it plays very well with settings on high. Rf2 is the first Sim racer I tried on it and it does OK. It's not top of the line, but like I said the graphics are sharper then my game specific ps4 but not by a lot. I will invest in a better video card down the road. Haven't tried iracing on it yet but I'm curious so I may renew my sub just to compare to rf2.

13. peterchen

peterchen Registered

That seem to be the problem.....

P.s. where do you come from? People could recommend you an affordable gfx-card in your country!

14. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

These are my graphics from rfactor2

Attached Files:

15. VAustinElly

VAustinElly Registered

These are my graphics from iracing. Iracing was running at 84fps steady. Keep in mind these pics were taken from my cell on my TV screen.

Attached Files: