Some small FFB spikes/dips in sharp corners

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by Richard Hessels, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

Running on a OSW simucube / latest firmware, big Mige.
    Well configured by, took bit of time, now it's to my liking, close to simracing-heaven for me.
    FFB signal from rF2 is really clear, only need use a minimum of filtering on the Simucube tool to get the steering super smooth and direct.
    Only thing i noticed that in any car, taking a slower U-turn i feel 2 small spikes, not extremely strong but still enough to notice.
    As in the first half of the corner tak-tak, if the corner takes longer at the 2nd half I feel another tak-tak.
    Nevertheless all other cornering goes fluid, load comes and goes perfectly.
    Does not matter what car or track, just happens when the car is taking a slow sharp turn.
    Just takes you a bit out of the zone as soon as you notice it.
    Already know what corners at what place the 2 small spikes occur after some laps.
    Is not bumps modeled in the track, tested on my own track material should be smooth.
    It's not spiking of the signal, 50% FFB is still enough with this monster to let the steeringwheel go when you hit wall.
    All other sims don't have this "effect" while cornering.
    Anybody with DD wheel can verify this erratic FFB effect?

2. Lazza

Lazza Registered

Have you logged telemetry with something to check that the spikes are there? It doesn't sound like it's your wheel based on other games not doing it, so it should show up in the FFB output (which also means any wheel should feel the same thing, though probably not as strong as yours :D). If it doesn't show up there then it points to something with rF2 and your wheel, otherwise it points to rF2 itself (or the content).

Also, check the Ctrl-C graph to make sure the CPU isn't maxing out at those times. I don't know your specs but I'm guessing your PC is more than adequate, but sometimes strange things happen.

3. Filip

Filip Registered

Just a guess.
    Slow sharp corners means almost full lock steering so maybe you have some soft lock configured in your software or something that triggers at certain degree of rotation?
    What about garage, wheel calibration tool, other games?

4. Richard Hessels

Richard Hessels Member

It's not full lock. Full-lock is a sign of over driving. Maybe around 70% - 80% steering in those corners.
    Is there a way to log FFB output in rF2?
    It's not very a very strong effect. Just noticeable as not fluid.
    CPU is around 15%

5. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

DAM plugin