Some questions...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Rich Goodwin, May 26, 2012.

1. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

Hi guys. Sorry if these questions are elementary and obvious but to me they are not so any help would be awesome.

1. I am a co-founder of a racing game community. We would like to look in to getting a race server for rFactor 2. Could anybody advise as to how this is possible?

2. Mods, where do we get mod's for the game? I have seen screenshots of F1 cars and such. It would be great to get our hands on these.

Again, sorry if the answers are obvious. I have had a look around but couldn't find the answers to these questions. Thank you for your reading.

Oh and big congrats to ISI for an awesome game so far :)

2. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

I have solved this by updating to the new build :)

3. BasJon

BasJon Registered

for you first question, what is your budget and how many people are in your clan, virtual servers are quite good if your looking to run only 1 or 2 servers and are alot cheaper than renting a dedicated server. You can get the virtual server for around 15 to 25 pounds per month, the only draw back at certain busy times your server may bog down due to be over loaded. Dedicated servers start from around 80 pounds a month and depending on specs can run 4 to 12 game servers on it with no slow downs, also setting a virtual server is a bit more complex than a dedicated.

4. Rich Goodwin

Rich Goodwin Registered

A virtual server would do, budget-wise. Do you know of any providers? :)