Some questions about mod dev and 3dsmax

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by benmttf, Jun 15, 2013.

1. benmttf

benmttf Registered

Hello,

I'm trying to make a track for rF2.
    I manage to have my track in dev mod but now i have 2 problems:

1 - How to define the position of the car when i clic race. (because at the moment the car is falling from nowhere and then fall to the track)

2 - when i drive the car it has very slow acceleration on racesurface and there is no grip (like ice) on the grass. I use TDF from Joesville

Thanks for your help!

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

1 - Spawn point position is depending on tracks's AIW file, where garage position coords are defined. When developing a track, make sure you have solid ground (asphalt) on coords 0,0,0. You car is dropped there, when proper AIW is not present.

2- You probably have incorrect naming of asphalt and grass materials. Asphalt material name should start "road" and grass material "gras". You can have more characters after those, like "road_pitlane" or "grass_main". You can delete/move TDF file away from track folder. Then game will use default definitions and you have one less item to troubleshoot, if you got problems. Personally I add special tdf when all modelling is done during "final polishing" stage, if needed.

If dev car is accelerating slowly, you might have pitlane speed limiter enabled (default key "L"). ;)

Cheers!