some questions about Aiw.

Discussion in 'Track Modding' started by SPASKIS, Dec 10, 2012.

1. SPASKIS

SPASKIS Registered

Hi everybody!
    I have 2 or 3 questions about aiw file.
    1) Is it possible to use the autocalibrated IA in Dev. Mode to record a fast path and improve the manually created spline from BTB that would be used as the starting AIW? If so, can anybody WITH EXPERIENCE in it, leave some words on the parameters of the plr file for the ia generating the best paths?

2) with btb standards the fuel pit crew does not appear when entering the pits. How is it configured?

As asked in another post, a nice tutorial on AIW file would be highly appreciated. Thanks ISI for supporting modders!

2. Jka

Jka Member Staff Member

There are many great rF1 AIW tutorials floating around the net (google or youtube rF1 AIW tutorial), including ISI's own. 90% of that stuff is still valid with rF2.

1) I believe autocalibrating AI is not supported anymore in rF2. Personally I don't see point of tweaking fast path manually. Driving track around smoothly, taking care of braking- and turn-in points will get good result. Fast path do not need to be ultra-fast, 100% accurate qualifying lap. AI won't follow it with 100% accuracy anyway... :)

2) Correct fuel consumption calculation, special slow-down point (AIW pit in braking point), joining branches etc. are more or less one-click procedure in dev mode build-in editor.

It's pretty easy and fast to use build-in AIW editor. Basic (and fully functional) AIW can be done less than hour, tweaking and fine-tuning it will take little bit longer.

Cheers!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2012