Some means to contact/petition a server host

Discussion in 'Wish Lists' started by MarkP, Mar 3, 2015.

1. MarkP

MarkP Registered

There are a number of drivers whom I have encountered in the small group I race with who
    visit our server(s) on occasion, are fantastic drivers, and occasionally run servers of their own.

At times I would like to join their servers, but the mod they have installed does not allow me
    to download some portion of their configuration. Often it is a track that might be a one-hundredth
    version newer than the one I have installed (i.e. v 0.98 instead of v 0.97). If I cannot find this
    version on the web, and their server is not password locked, it would be great if there were some
    means to ask them if it might be possible to download the missing components from some likely,
    as-yet non-searchable site so that I might support their efforts.

I understand that we don't want to turn rF2 into yet-another-social-media-hub, but it would be great
    if there were some means to have basic communications with server hosts, who might wish to expand
    their community base, but have no means, outside of word-of-mouth to do so.

I am still fairly new to the rF2 community, and if I am missing something here, please let me know.
    It just seemed like a convenience that might enhance the experience for everyone involved.

MarkP

2. Noel Hibbard

Noel Hibbard Registered

Well right now the admins could take advantage of GetMod so that it automatically downloads everything. But some sort of URL that you could click on and copy to the clipboard would be very helpful. That URL could be a link could be anything the admin wants it to be. For example a link to a page that gives a description of the server and a list of download URLs. The MM could display this link when you click on their server in that same section that lists the build number and all that.