Some Graphic items

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by davehenrie, Jun 26, 2020.

1. davehenrie

davehenrie Registered

First, this is why we purchased rF2. The look and feel has become exceptional. I'm gonna list a few things I've seen at Portland and Le Mans since the update. Just random items.

1. Oreca 07 under AI control almost got stuck leaving the garage at LM. It started to turn right too soon and scraped the right rear fender up against the garage. Took several seconds to free itself...I would assume some light damage occurred.

2. When viewing the gorgeous views with external cams at LM, some of the foliage appeared to grain in...fuzzy textures inside the borders of the tree that sharpened as the cars got closer. (I know, I know, trees...)
    My system is old, I was seeing about 112 to 120 fps for the first half of the lap, but in the 2nd half around that le turn followed by le Indy and another le turn...things dropped down into the 50's.(of course Ferrari 488 in cockpit view)

3. At Portland, the Red Ferrari had a weird looking shadow as night fell. I know Portland is not really lit up but in many sections the bonnet/hood and a section of the front side fender, seemed almost black while the rest of the car maintained a darkened red color. I'm assuming this was a shadow cast by the car itself, but it just seemed darker than one might expect.

4. Almost all the taillights/brakelights are now quite visible. The exception is the Mclaren 650s GT3, the brake light is so narrow vertically, that it barely registers when the brakes are activated. PP medium settings.

5. OH, A UI issue too. This has been this way on my system from the very start. I run 19x12 on a 27in monitor. When the new UI loads up, it always is smaller by half than the available screen space. I have to go into the options/graphics and enable the WIDE HUD.(wide UI is already checked) Once that is done & confirmed, the UI expands to fill the screen. If I don't do that, the track will load and remain in that half-sized box. That particular setting does not save apparently.

My feeling is Portland is more fps demanding than Silverstone, but that is also a combination of the new interior shaders on the F488 dragging down my aging RX480.

I recognize most of these are small items and that is good, even great. We can see progress and all the parts starting to come together. A hearty thanks to all the team. In the words of that bleached blonde Dane....YA YA YA YA...!!!!

2. Alex72

Alex72 Registered

I noticed Portland does not have physical bump mesh (or whatever its called) because i feel no bumps in the wheel on the track. Its smooth like a babys butt. All other S397 tracks have tarmac character except Portland. I hope thats an oversight. Or maybe it is super smooth in real life...?