[SOLVED] Game Issue - Game crashes while loading track

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by dkrueger7, Jul 18, 2023.

1. dkrueger7

dkrueger7 Registered

Everytime I load up this specific car and track combo (F1 ASR 2018 COTA MOD & BMW M4 GT3) This error happens. The game will load the track and one of two things will happen. Either the game crashes back to the desktop as soon as the track has loaded to 100%; or the game will load the track successfully and I will be in the garage, but as soon as I press drive the game displays the start screen again while I can hear the car in the background (I have sound, FFB and control of the car but I only see the game start screen). This error also happens with a few other tracks like the Nordschleife but not every single time.

If I try to drive the same track (COTA mod) but with a different car (eg. Porsche 992 GT3), it works. If I try to drive the same car (BMW M4 GT3) but on a different track (eg. Le Mans) it will just crash but sometimes it will work.

I have tried to fix the issue in a few ways including: Verifying integrity of game files, reinstalling track (COTA mod), reinstalling car (BMW M4 GT3), reinstalling game, restarting computer, using a different monitor etc. Nothing I do fixes it. The rest of the game works normally.

I'm pretty sure this is not a hardware issue as my other games work fine. My platform is Windows 11, running on Steam, using a Logitech G920. A recording of the issue can be found here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1WilJUIqPKV1W_a7FrZqtOZN57DXj1bx2/view?usp=drive_link

Thanks for reading. Any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. redapg

redapg Registered

Do you maybe have an AMD Video Card?
    Users that have one, reported similar Problems, when a newer Driver was used.
    The "Solution" is, to use a former/older Driver.
    If that is the Case, search the Forum for it and you will find the suggested Driver Version.

3. dkrueger7

dkrueger7 Registered

Thanks man. I used AMD driver version 22.5.1 instead of the newest one and it solved the issue. I can't believe AMD has so many driver problems! Thank you again, finally the game works as normal again. Cheers!

Woodee and redapg like this.