Softth

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by deak1944, Jul 23, 2014.

1. deak1944

deak1944 Guest

Has anyone got it to work on build 798?

2. albert39

albert39 Registered

on build 770 worked perfect, but now it doesn't work, any solution?

3. scalino

scalino Registered

same problem here, most likely due to the modified layout, but even with proper softth files moved in bin32, didn't get it to work...

I've seen there were a v2.x version of SoftTH in open source format, but don't know if that would resolve the problem. I will work on any kind of solution during the week-end... I'll keep you up if I find anything worth the hassle..

4. scalino

scalino Registered

Well, it works!

The first question you have to answer is: is SoftTH the only "d3d9.dll" based plugin you use? if not, then it's most likely your pb is solved by this answer to another thread about TrackMap plugin.

have a look: http://isiforums.net/f/showthread.php/11908-Released-TrackMap-0-94beta-for-rFactor2/page1

if this is the only one you use, make sure d3d9.dll and your softTH config file are in the bin32 directory (and if you are on 64 bit OS, make sure the checkbox forcing 32 bits versions to be used by rfactor2 launcher is checked in the advanced tab).

5. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

I used to run softTH in earlier titles rf1 race07 etc but as rF2 progressed from very early builds, performance on my ageing system kept getting worse with each update, so I made the decision to go back to a larger single screen. Today with the new build 860 I tried the software again with 2 large 1024x768 screens and I'm blown away. No performance hit at all on my usual single screen settings and this is all with a paltry 550ti single card.
    I don't know what optimising has been done in the last 6 months by ISI but I'm one happy sim racer today.

6. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

SoftTH (v2.08b alpha) works fine for me. What's the problem?

7. KDickie

KDickie Registered

Has anybody got the SoftTH 64bit version working? I've had it working on 32bit for some time, but wanted to use the 64bit version. The rF2 Configuration doesn't seem to recognize the location of the 64bit d3d9.dll file. maybe because the Configuration executable is in the Bin32 folder?

8. Marek Lesniak

Marek Lesniak Car Team Staff Member

I had/have. You can't use rF2 config for 64bit because there is no DXdiag (or similar MS binaries) for 64bit.
    Just throw 64bit dll to plugins (in bin64) along with your good config file and then setup resolution from the in-game video settings menu.

9. KDickie

KDickie Registered

Doesn't the Configuration Button on the Launcher adjust the resolution... etc., for the 64bit version? If not then why would it still be there?

10. KDickie

KDickie Registered

Are there some instructions some where to indicate how you are supposed to run rFactor2 under 64bit? I've been searching for anything related to "64bit video" & all I seem to get are people having issues. Some direction/instructions from ISI about how it is supposed to work must be here somewhere. Can someone point me to it?

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 26, 2014
  11. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

On your launcher click the advanced tab at the top and there is a check box for 32 bit.. uncheck that and it then starts in the default 64bit.

12. KDickie

KDickie Registered

Thanks PRC Steve, I already know this, but in the previous post(s) I asked if the Configuration Button on the Launcher adjusts the Video Resolution for the 64bit version. I'm having an issue getting the 64bit version of rF2 to recognize my SoftTH 64bit version of the d3d9.dll file. LesiU seemed to indicate that the Configuration Button on the Launcher served no function in 64bit rF2. Are there some ISI Instructions for adjusting the Video settings for 64bit rF2? Where/how are the Video Settings determined for 64bit Version?

13. KDickie

KDickie Registered

My apologies to LesiU, if you have a sorted SoftTH configuration file all you need to do is make sure the SoftTH 64bit d3d9.dll file and the config.SoftTHconfig file are both in Bin64. Start the game with the Launcher in 64bit (ignoring the Configuration Button on the Launcher) and in the Settings/Video Resolution select your SoftTH display and confirm your SoftTH MAX. resolution setting. These should be the same as in your SoftTHconfig file. I have 64bit SoftTH working, now I need to get it working in conjunction with the 64bit TrackMap. I hope this helps someone.

14. PRC Steve

PRC Steve Registered

Thanks man. I am waiting for the 30th September update of sim commander simvibe so I can finally run 64bit. Then like you I will be looking for a work-around to get trackmap working in conjunction with softTH.

15. Lukas Yardbird

Lukas Yardbird Registered

Softh + track map work ok in 32bit but i cant get them to work together in 64 bit