So...how good will the multiplayer in rF2 be? Pick up races? iracing quality?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by isamu, Oct 6, 2011.

1. David G Fisher

David G Fisher Registered

Right now R2P is offering three free months premium membership for free if you pre-order rF2 through them. http://www.race2play.com/special/rf2offer They will be running fun runs with the beta the day it's released. I don't mean to sound like an ad for R2P, but pick up racing is always going to be a mess, and there's no system that will ever fix it. 15 years of sim racing is where my opinion comes from.

2. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I went there to have a look. I have not used the service but I did want to get the beta asap. I may as well try out the service for free.

I am not sure about how they tie in to isi though, they have some small print saying

' rFactor 2 is not yet publicly released, and its developer Image Space Incorporated is not a party to this membership promotion. Free product award will be processed when available, and will be delivered as a digital download. The digital download key will be sent via PM to member's account at Race2Play.'

So, what does this mean? I pay them but if its got nothing to do with isi how do they issue me a key? I presume only ISI are selling it, at least that my experiience with other open betas?

A bit confused here.

3. MickeyMouse

MickeyMouse Registered

An intriguing offer I must admit...

Presumably they purchase it on your behalf and send you the key.

4. jubuttib

jubuttib Registered

Considering it really does happen... I'd say it's about as realistic as it gets. =)

5. David G Fisher

Yes, MickeyMouse is right. I've been there five years, and I'd bet
    my house Tim and Todd will run this promotion perfectly.

6. ORA-Quasi

ORA-Quasi Registered

I feel the same. The ONLY time I've had clean, or close to it, racing at IR is when it counts toward the safety rating. If you jump into something that has no bearing on ratings and licences you can get hammered.

I started to wonder when I found a 20 lap Nascar (carby cup) race and whilst sitting inside the top 4 on the last lap some guy decided the only way he was going to get my spot was to give me a hit on the rear quarter, spinning me.

After that happened a couple of times I found something better to do. If you're part of a community that includes IR on their schedule, then that's fine, but pick up races aren't worth the effort any more.

Besides, there is still way too much good racing to be had in RF.

7. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I mostly, because of time, used iracing with online practice and found it fun. The races I had were clean and from what I hear the nascar/oval races are more of a crashfest than the road races. I never found it too bad in the skippy on the road.

8. GT_ONE

GT_ONE Registered

I will wait the official announcement on this forum to be sure that I won't get caught

9. isamu

isamu Registered

Can you do random pick up races at R2P? Or is it league structured only?

10. David G Fisher

You can join any race that's scheduled, and view your racing as pick up racing if that's what you'd like, or only have time for. Some of the races are part of a R2P championship schedule for a particular race series, some are special events, and some are races run by independent chapters. You can join any independent chapter, and then race in those events. http://www.race2play.com/schedule/calendar

R2P doesn't require you to pay a monthly fee to join or race, so you can join with a free guest membership and run as many races as you'd like. You just won't have the benefits that a paid membership has (http://www.race2play.com/front/membership_plans) , such as early sign ups for races, ownership of a race team, etc. The rF2 promo gives you three months of a free premium membership by just ordering rF2 through R2P. They don't make a nickel on the purchase, it's just a way to get people to try out the service and see the benefits of the higher level memberships. There will be "fun run" races with the rF2 beta the day it's released, and in the weeks that follow, so that will be basically pick up racing, but with the advantages of the races still being overseen by R2P.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2012
  11. SKeijmel

SKeijmel Registered

Hahaha you don't need a league in iracing you just join the high sof races, a league says nothing about quality and level of competition, maybey a few like fsr or other high class league's but thats it

12. isamu

isamu Registered

lol you actually replied seriously to him? :lol:

13. Nick Phillips

Nick Phillips Registered

You clearly have not heard of Simsync then....

14. David G Fisher

People who have taken advantage of the R2P/rF2 promotion just received their activation codes.

15. Tripp

Tripp Registered

? activation codes .? what is that means ?

16. David G Fisher

17. jorge salgueiro

jorge salgueiro Registered

it would be cool to have a mod torrent downloader integrated at rf2 to download mods if you want :)

18. ADSTA

ADSTA Registered

Not much good without the exe.

19. David G Fisher

Obviously.

20. metalnwood

metalnwood Registered

I would really like to see a post from ISI staff saying that there will not be any hassles with R2P, for example if I run out of activations as I did once with my many year old purchase after installing various hardware upgrades through the years.

For example, if I run out do I have all that is required to email isi support etc.

I am still unclear how they buy is and give me the code with their details registered with ISI, not mine..?

I would like to get on the deal all else considered.