Snags (hooks) between ai cars and human

Discussion in 'Technical & Support' started by TheDog6, Jan 14, 2016.

1. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

I don't know the rate of snags that are produced between two cars in real racing, must be, one each 1000 or so. But the rate of snags in RF2 between ai and human, for example, in F2 spark is owerwhelming, more than one per race. That is, one ai car behind the human, it's their way of driving against human, this wasn't so in Rf1, perhaps the rams of Rf1 have been translated to snags now. But when you think that you have overcome the moment, you feel hooked and your faith drops down inmediately. Sorry.

2. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

Snag:

a tree or branch embedded in a lake or stream bed and constituting a hazard to navigation

a sharp or broken part of something that sticks out from a smooth surface

a dead tree or tree stump that is still standing up

a projecting tooth; also : a stump of a tooth

Sensitive New Age Guy (S.N.A.G). Similar to the Metrosexual, but more timid and sensitive.

I'm so confused right now...

3. Eddy

Eddy Registered

Let's Shake hands, i don't have a clue what op is talking about

4. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Google translate gone wild? Snags, hooks and rams, not following.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

I'm going to guess he means suspension interlocking and two cars becoming jammed together which is annoyingly common. It doesn't help that AI cars tend to try and just keep driving in such situations.

6. peterchen

peterchen Registered

STill don´t know what he means, as I also don´t know what you mean! lol! (but that´s maybe due to my bad english)

7. Gupster

Gupster Registered

Open wheel cars can get a tire in between the front and rear tires of an opponents car. The snag/hook happens then and isn't easy to get away from the other car. Real world once the tires touch one or the other goes flying :)

8. Emery

Emery Registered

It takes two to tangle... the AI are relatively predictable, so don't drive in the space that you know they're going to come over on you.

9. Guineapiggy

Guineapiggy Registered

That's not really an answer to the issue of how collisions seem to cause cars to become caught on eachother so often which is very rare in real collisions. Not to mention that in the rFactor2 I play the AI regularly turns in on and attempts to drive through the player car.

10. Emery

Emery Registered

In my experience, that only happens if you don't have the corner. That is, you're not fully alongside the AI, so they're not going to yield the corner and it's you who should be yielding.

Edit: Now if you're talking about oval AI coming down on you... that's a different story as the oval AI is definitely not ready yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 17, 2016
  11. hexagramme

hexagramme Registered

Yeah ai driving into the player is a very rare occurence in my experience. If you treat them like you would a human player, contact is very unlikely.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

The person that knows what I am talking about is the one who agrees, all you know Captain Hook from Peter Pan I guess, you know what he carries for hand, you know what a hook is in windows programming, don't you? It 's not so difficult.

13. TheDog6

TheDog6 Registered

What do you prefer? A friend telling you always how wonderful, cute and smart you are? Or a real friend that when you are wrong, he tells you? Yes, I know a lot prefer the first one.

14. Denstjiro

Denstjiro Registered

I already know I am wonderful and cute...

But seriously, I wasn't having a dig at you, I just did not understand what you said.